[Event] 99er Cycle Tour 2018

Halfdoesyn

Event Name: 99er Cycle Tour 2018
When: 10 February 2018
Where: Durbanville Race Course, Western Cape
Category: Road

Entry Info 99km, 61km Road Races

• Enter Online close at 23:59 on 29 January 2018 (discounted early entry fee).
  • Enter Online for seeding close at 23:59 on 5 February 2018.
  • Seeding and entry into race subject to availability.
  • Late entries can be done at Number Collection points on 8 and 9 February 2017 or on race day (please note higher entry fee).
  • Please note that late entries at collection points/on race day will not be seeded.
  • All enquiries regarding entries or seeding to be directed to Cycle Events call centre on 0878204210 or queries@cycleevents.co.za .
  • The 99km route is an Official Premier Seeding Event for the Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019.

seeding-2016.png Age Restrictions

To compete in the Tour, an individual rider must, in the year of the event turn:

• 13 (thirteen) years old (minimum age); or
  • if 12 (twelve) years old, be accompanied by an adult.

To compete in the Tour, tandem riders must, in the year of the event turn:

• 13 (thirteen) years old (minimum age); or
  • if 10 (ten)- 12 (twelve) years old, ride with an adult.

To compete in the Tour as a scholar, representing his/her school and participating in the school competition, the following specific rules apply:

• The scholar must turn 13 (thirteen) years old (minimum age) in the year of the event; and
  • can only participate in the 61km race.

2018 Cycle Tour Route Map

2018-99er-Road-Race-v1.png

99km Route Description

Start time for 99 km: 06:00

• Cyclists leave Durbanville Racecourse and follow a quiet route through Durbanville to exit via the Wellington / Klipheuwel Road (R302).
  • Shortly after leaving the greater Durbanville area, cyclists turn right onto the Lichtenburg Road (R312), pass Fisantekraal and cross the R312/R304 “fruit sellers” 4-way stop.
  • The R312 gradually climbs to the R44 where cyclists turn left towards Wellington and left again at the Windmeul Winery onto the Vryguns / Voor-Paardeberg Road. This scenic route takes cyclists through the local farming community, past the Boland Agricultural School and Perdeberg Winery.
  • Route change: Cyclists turn left onto the newly tarred Slent Road, continue straight over the Malmesbury - Stellenbosch Road and pass the Klipheuwel silos.
  • Turn right onto the Philadelphia Road (R304), cycle the rolling hills past the Adderley Road (M58) turnoff and over the single lane bridge.
  • Route change: Continue through Philadelphia town all the way to the N7 interchange. Turn right onto the onramp towards Cape Town (circle back over the R304) and follow the N7 (caution, keep to the left as far as possible) with assistance from Provincial Traffic. Following beautiful views of Table Mountain, be careful on that fast downhill section to the N7 bridge, which is also the lowest point of the race.
  • Turn left onto Vissershok Road (M48). Cross the Malanshoogte / Contermanskloof 4-way stop and face the challenging Vissershok climb, culminating with the King of the Mountain.
  • Continue past Meerendal and turn right into Odendaal Street for the last climb up to the finish, followed by a 2 km neutral zone back to the Race Course.

61km Route Description

Start time for 61 km: 07:30

• Cyclists follow the 99km route up to the Lichtenburg Road (R312) turnoff, at which point the 61km route continues straight on the Klipheuwel Road (R302).
  • At the Philadelphia Road turn-off (Klipheuwel), cyclists turn left onto the R304 to join the 99km route from there to the finish.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Cycling South Africa (CSA) requires that all entrants who are not a member of CSA or one of its affiliates, purchase a day licence for R35.
On this page you will be able to join CSA as a full member for R120.
If you choose not to be a CSA member, you will need to pay R35 for a day licence."

Do PPA members have to buy this CSA licence?

"Cycling South Africa (CSA) requires that all entrants who are not a member of CSA or one of its affiliates, purchase a day licence for R35.

If you choose not to be a CSA member, you will need to pay R35 for a day licence."

This is my question as well.

I do not recall this being the case in 2016 or 2017.

Emailed the organisers - nothing heard yet.

Does anyone know?

New route cuts out Van Schoors and heads for an extended stint on the N7. Interesting

Yet it is 3km shorter than last year.

Happy about not riding Van Schoorsdrif. Terrible surface.

Yet it is 3km shorter than last year.

Happy about not riding Van Schoorsdrif. Terrible surface.

Still, was a challenging section of the race, lots of people got dropped there. Race will be less interesting without it!

Still, was a challenging section of the race, lots of people got dropped there. Race will be less interesting without it!

Loved it

Was like Old Helz with a bit of lumpy undulating pavè of sorts

The change is very interesting, agree that it did add to the vibe of the race, going up and down that bumpy road with the water point at the top.  Can't keep everyone happy I assume, else they might just have brought back the gravel part.

Does anyone know?

Any word back on this perhaps?

Does anyone know?

So what happen if you tick you believe you have a licence but do not actually have one?

You can just click yes, then you should show your purchased license to the CSA official at the registration, if they are there. If not you dont need it.