Stiffening Rear Wheel on a Frame with Open Dropouts / QR

Mintman

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to use a super light titanium skewer on the rear wheel. Wheel often slipper and was not very stiff. Swopper it out for a steel rodded American Classic skewer and now clamp the kqk out of the rear wheel. As stiff as any throuhh axle. No slipping or other issues.

These seem like the answer. If you find some, please let me know?

Not cheap.

Fore sure, let me know if you find anything too!

Post #17...

Thanks man, just never ordered something like that from overseas. Is it pretty straight forward?

Thanks man, just never ordered something like that from overseas. Is it pretty straight forward?

Pretty straight forward but it works out  in excess of R550.00/skewer!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know if you want to go that way?  I certainly dont!

Very. And reliable too. Shipping is expensive though, so see if you can find someone oredering from them, or group order a bunch of stuff to save on shipping.

Pretty straight forward but it works out  in excess of R550.00/skewer!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know if you want to go that way?  I certainly dont!

Ja nee... For a skewer... Cheaper than rebuilding wheels though-works out at just the price of labour...

Thanks Droo, these are the skewers I'll have:

Rapide-Ultralight-PRO-2017-Hubset.jpg

Let me know if you come across a source for the DT swiss ones, pretty please.

Ja, those are terrible. DT RWS for the win - you can pick them up at any Scott or Spez store.

That looks pretty decent. Where did you get it?

Crank Bros. Gimmicky. And expensive. Just get the DT one and be done with it.

Crank Bros. Gimmicky. And expensive. Just get the DT one and be done with it.

Thanks Droo, I'm going to check whether Revolution cycles has them. Really appreciate your help. Will let you know if I come right.

Thanks Droo, I'm going to check whether Revolution cycles has them. Really appreciate your help. Will let you know if I come right.

They do, bought one there on Tuesday.

Archived