Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

Can probably do that, but I don't really want to use two separate devices. Will see if there is any issues with this, I can always delete it.

I know the feelings.  Used Stava and Endomondo like this. Was a schlep but not too bad.  But so much nicer when I bougjht the Garmin that syncs to both without any effort.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the feelings.  Used Stava and Endomondo like this. Was a schlep but not too bad.  But so much nicer when I bougjht the Garmin that syncs to both without any effort.

I just bought the Suunto :(. Not the type of issue I normally investigate - kind of assumed it would sync to all the big ones. 

Doesn't seem to be a way to only show commutes, so I think I'll delete the club then. And use Tapiriik to sync manually. 

I just bought the Suunto :(. Not the type of issue I normally investigate - kind of assumed it would sync to all the big ones. 

Doesn't seem to be a way to only show commutes, so I think I'll delete the club then. And use Tapiriik to sync manually. 

Just an update for those also running Suunto - for $2 you can pay Tapiriik and it'll sync automatically between a "fsckton" of services for a year. Or just set a reminder to do it manually once a week or something.

I'm keen, but know from last year I couldn't get any of my rides to sync to Endomondo, and I always forget to open the app...

As for the Strava one, I select commutes as such, but, there doesn't seem to be any way to filter only by that.

If it is alright with the others I would say keep the Strava group.  It would be interresting to compare normal riding of the other commuters.

If it is alright with the others I would say keep the Strava group.  It would be interresting to compare normal riding of the other commuters.

My bad. Already nuked it. As it was just yourself and myself on the group at that point anyway :)

My bad. Already nuked it. As it was just yourself and myself on the group at that point anyway :)

You do realise that some people are actually still on holiday and Hairy is still getting served coffee in bed.

You do realise that some people are actually still on holiday and Hairy is still getting served coffee in bed.

Call me Kim Jong with my fast fingered nuclear response :)

I can re-open if it'll be of any value, I've found a fix for the with Suunto in the meantime, so the original motivation and reason is gone as well.

no jokes....got coffee in bed again this morning ;)

Would be nice to have a group on strava. I am not on Endomondo. Joined the 365 for 365 group on strava. I think I am currently in the lead but will see how long that lasts.

Nice. I'm in.

I might have to find a longer route to work. Currently doing 8km per direction.

Started commuting on 10/11/2017 and have not missed a workday since.

Will log with Strava and sync with Tapiriik.

For all those wanting to know if you can sync endomondo / strava, I use https://tapiriik.com/ it auto syncs about 10 min after you complete recording on the one app. It was $2 for a year, so pretty cheap.

I see there is another app called SyncMyTracks which is R46.

As for creating a challenge on strava, I dont think it was possible to say only commute rides or something like that, maybe someone with a premium account can try create a challenge on strava to see if it works?

Good luck for all those taking part, may you all have safe journeys :thumbup:

Archived