Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

Head wind home was crazy. Felt like I was standing still at times.

But made it home safely.

I plugged in the earphones and slammed up my Deezer "flow list" when on the cycle lane ....... got into a rhythm and rather enjoyed the ride, having some awesome music and seeing the sea and clouds moving and "living" is soul rewarding.

I did cry a bit though, the wind was so strong that my eye's would start to water .... that is my story and I am sticking to it :P 

This morning's cycle was daft. Rain, cold and some serious wind which couldn't decide on a direction.

But passing all the cars standing still in the traffic was totally worth it.

Although they probably all thought i was crazy.

Was hoping Hairy opted out of the cycle this morning so i could increase my lead in time for the vacation break. 5 weeks left to increase the lead.  :whistling:

Bloody wind was NW when I left the house, and a few minutes later you could feel it swinging to a SW, and it was a fresh breeze! Sorry, the wife said I should take the bus home and back to work this morning .... but that sounded like such a K@K@ idea compared to cycling.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clocked km 3000!!! Boo-yaa!

How was the mist/fog in Gauteng this morning. Super eery riding in that.

You guys still riding in that crazy Cape weather are nuts! Impressive, but nuts.

Impressively nuts!

You guys still riding in that crazy Cape weather are nuts! Impressive, but nuts.

Impressively nuts!

Impressive nuts

Half way through the challenge folks. We're entering a critical period of the challenge. Winter provides the real test - Cold, wet, illness will all play a part in the next couple months.

So dress up warmly, keep dry, make sure you're getting enough sleep.

35 000 KM clocked 

1M Calories burnt

Some serious petrol money saved!! 

Congrats to all on a great first half of the challenge. 

Here's to 6 more months of wonderful commutes and commuting stories. Keep it up!

Half way through the challenge folks. We're entering a critical period of the challenge. Winter provides the real test - Cold, wet, illness will all play a part in the next couple months.

So dress up warmly, keep dry, make sure you're getting enough sleep.

35 000 KM clocked 

1M Calories burnt

Some serious petrol money saved!! 

Congrats to all on a great first half of the challenge. 

Here's to 6 more months of wonderful commutes and commuting stories. Keep it up!

You know that half way through the year is only end of June? :ph34r:  :whistling: 

You know that half way through the year is only end of June? :ph34r:  :whistling: 

LOL! Technicalities...... Po-tay-toe - Po-tah-toe

Impressively nuts!

Well done.   I will hit the 3000 mark on my way home this afternoon.  This will be a long week for me. The first five day week in almost 6 weeks

Super chilly commute this morning. 

Wore my winter gloves for the first time this morning .... was really grateful to have them 5 seconds into the ride!

Finally cracked the 3000 mark yesterday and Imploder is still hanging like a carrot in front of me on the podium position. :)

Quick question.  Next weekend (16 or 17 June) we are taking some family to a lake in Austria (weather permitting) for the day.  We only have 5 seats in the car and we will be 6 in total.  So I will be cycling to the lake and meet the family there and then cycle back the afternoon.  Would it be ok if it is considered to be a commute?

Quick question.  Next weekend (16 or 17 June) we are taking some family to a lake in Austria (weather permitting) for the day.  We only have 5 seats in the car and we will be 6 in total.  So I will be cycling to the lake and meet the family there and then cycle back the afternoon.  Would it be ok if it is considered to be a commute?

Tricky but in my opinion, probably not, since it's leaning more towards recreational/fun ride.

We really need a rule book of some sorts.

I would be happy to count it as a commute. As you would normally take the car, but chose to take the bike for space reasons. We can always vote.  :D

But agree with Zub that we need some rules of sorts. Any ideas what then would constitute a commute?

Archived