Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

Winter solstice!

Tomorrow the sun returns to the southern hemisphere  :clap:  :w00t: :clap:

Don't mention it.  Summer is just getting nice here ;)  But not to worry still two months of lekker warm commuting to come ;)

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First rainy commute today.

Was caught by the rain on my way home. The rain only lasted for 10 minutes, but the headwind made it tough. Opted for the shorter route back home.

Luckily I could take a lovely warm shower at home!

Disclaimer: We have a total of 15 000L water tanks which we connected to our geyser for hot water.  

At least I can say I am getting used to cycling in the rain even with the road bike.  Still keep an eye on the weather predictions to decide which bike I will be commuting on.  Will be interresting to see what happens when we go into autumn when it is wet and cold.

MTB brakes needs a serious service.  Will be checking this weekend that I have all the tools and order new disks early next week to service it next weekend though.

My wife was out on a day trip with her mother.  They are on their way home now and phoned me to ask if they should pick me up as it is rather windy on the way home.

Pfft she has no clue the effort involved to keep the commuter milage counter running does she?

My wife was out on a day trip with her mother.  They are on their way home now and phoned me to ask if they should pick me up as it is rather windy on the way home.

Pfft she has no clue the effort involved to keep the commuter milage counter running does she?

at least you got the offer ... I was straight into a headwind and rain last night ... and by myself for half the ride :P

at least you got the offer ... I was straight into a headwind and rain last night ... and by myself for half the ride :P

You should join my on my odd commutes in late Autumn/Early winter when I still can commute.  Riding through kilometers of forest in - Temps and the only thing you see is the little bit in front of you that is illuminated with the bike light.  Pitch black dark and no other nutter in miles.  A whole new level of HTFU therapy.

You should join my on my odd commutes in late Autumn/Early winter when I still can commute.  Riding through kilometers of forest in - Temps and the only thing you see is the little bit in front of you that is illuminated with the bike light.  Pitch black dark and no other nutter in miles.  A whole new level of HTFU therapy.

I, on the other hand, will leave the office in about an hour and hopefully be in the Spruit just after 5.  Sunset will be around 5:24, so there should be enough time to clear the more dodge bits before dark.

A chilled Friday early evening ride home with Mr Cat-i to start the weekend. No need to harden up just yet. 

I, on the other hand, will leave the office in about an hour and hopefully be in the Spruit just after 5.  Sunset will be around 5:24, so there should be enough time to clear the more dodge bits before dark.

A chilled Friday early evening ride home with Mr Cat-i to start the weekend. No need to harden up just yet. 

I will leave in 40 min.  There is still enough daytime to go for a 5 hour ride but the beer is waiting so I will be going almost directly home tonight :)

Thx Hairy. The bonus is that we're in the same area, so no risks or need to post anything. Also saw some links on evobikes - I could swear there was nothing last week when I searched!  Will check out all the different options the weekend and hopefully before next weekend's Mankele weekend will have some proper tyres on my bike(s) again .. and possibly stock up as well.

Thx Hairy. The bonus is that we're in the same area, so no risks or need to post anything. Also saw some links on evobikes - I could swear there was nothing last week when I searched!  Will check out all the different options the weekend and hopefully before next weekend's Mankele weekend will have some proper tyres on my bike(s) again .. and possibly stock up as well.

at those prices I would also stock up!

Hairy, I see you cracked the 4K mark as well.  Congrats  :clap: !!

thanks ... .took forever to get t0 4K .... too many interruptions :P

thanks ... .took forever to get t0 4K .... too many interruptions :P

Had way too many interruptions in June myself.

Archived