Santos Tour Down Under - 2018

Bonus

1st WT race and King Nic’ dominates the KOM comp.

Very special achievement

His dream as a runner (who could not afford to cycle) was to race on the Tour de France.

At this rate, it’s highy likely

He has good race sense, executing like an experienced hand and has the multi-day engine

22 years old and hungryto succeed ????

Wow

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impi definitely has the sprinting advantage

What’ll matter is teamwork and I reckon Darrel’s team is more organized

Ochre is for him to lose

Impey sure is climbing very well..I think the only people who thought Sagan would be there at the end was Paul and Phil[emoji23][emoji23]

Bummed for Jay, Bora did everything right he was in the right place at the right time could just not hold on to Porte and then he faded really fast and now not even in the top 10.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sagan was giving it a go thats for sure..he just ran out of legs.

Impey was doing some lekker monster training in suikerbosrand so looks like it helped a bit..????????

But he has always been good at the faster climbs..would actually like to see him give MSR a full go.

Impey sure is climbing very well..I think the only people who thought Sagan would be there at the end was Paul and Phil[emoji23][emoji23]

Bummed for Jay, Bora did everything right he was in the right place at the right time could just not hold on to Porte and then he faded really fast and now not even in the top 10.

Jay did great..probably made the mistake to follow Porte..that made him go into the red to much and he could have tried to rather pace the effort.

But good on hom for trying!

Problem is that when a 60kg rider attack at 700+ watts on a climb only a handfull of riders in the world can follow and not blow...

@Gen

How organized was Oss

What a dom’ [emoji1601]‍♀️

Hey I was just going to post something like that.

Flippen awesome seeing him lead the Bora guys like that...spring classics is going to be awesome..exciting times. Sags will have him in support at the end of races which is something he has needed..the other strong guys have done great as they do the job at the start and middle of races but now he has his man for the closing bits of races..this makes me so happy[emoji16] Oss has just fitted in so nicely at Bora it's as if he has always been there..a happy reunion

He is such an assets for all of their goals as he'll be able to help Sagan and their GC guys..so much experience in those legs..BMC made a mistake by letting him go...but hey I am not complaining [emoji23][emoji23]

From the Finish Line

"I'm, obviously, disappointed with the result but I know I gave it my all. Our plan today was to go for the overall lead and we knew I had to be with Richie Porte in the finale. I followed him when he attacked but his pace was stronger and I was unable to hold on. It isn't the result we would have liked and hoped for but at the same time, I know we fought hard, we put a strong effort and gave the best we could. You can't always win, so we now have to focus on the following races." – Jay McCarthy

"I feel well, especially now that this tough stage is over. We all worked hard for Jay today and his GC chances and I am proud of him and the way he fought with Richie Porte. It's always better to try than do nothing. Cycling is a difficult sport." – Peter Sagan

"We knew that today, on the queen stage of the Tour Down Under, everything was at stake. Jay had to follow Porte on the final climb while keeping an eye on Impey. The team worked hard throughout the stage, we executed our plan but this is sports and we have to accept the result. Porte was simply stronger. Jay gave his best but there wasn't much more we could do." – Patxi Vila

Other than wearing the maillot jaune, courtesy of former teammate Gerrans, this will be a career peak for The Impi.

Pic by Cor Vos

CORVOS_00028939-007-1280x774.jpg

Impey looking VERY skinny!

Okay..so I wasn't the only one that thought that..

Well done to Impey and Dlamini..what a tour for the saffas

Also really nice to see that Greipel has his speed back.

A decent start to the season for Sagan..building form really well for the classics.. good to see the team dynamics with Oss looking good..

For those who like watts...Greipel has extra ask him to share..[emoji23]e2b034f5de444fd14c624a96f623934c.jpg

e56d4e4cd3a065dc0e058ad68197d687.jpg

Archived