Dakar

SwissVan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Dakar updates this year?

Looks like Stellenbosch hero is going strong today!

Eyes glued to live tracking, very close racing today. Mr Dakar was at a standstill for 20min, lost 17min. 

Come one Sam Sunderland, although from UK, grew up here in UAE. 

Eyes glued to live tracking, very close racing today. Mr Dakar was at a standstill for 20min, lost 17min.

Come one Sam Sunderland, although from UK, grew up here in UAE.

He was happy in the UAE. Then a French girl came along and .......

Australian Andy Caldecott crashed his bike and died on the scene. He went down at 150km/h on yesterday's stage. RIP

Edited by Boerklong

Australian Andy Caldecott crashed his bike and died on the scene. He went down at 150km/h on yesterday's stage. RIP

Ahhhhh, this is crap to see, RIP man.

I have not been following due to work, horrible to catch up and see this sad news.

Weird didn't Andy Caldecott die in 2006?

Weird didn't Andy Caldecott die in 2006?

Yeah about that time along with Elmer Symons from SA (massive loss of a great guy) and Fabrizio Meoni; maybe John Deacon. They are still trying to slow the bikes down (I think they are limited to 155km/h - for a 450!) and improve medical facilities. 

I get that spectator safety is obviously of major concern, but they were standing in a non-authorised spot. If you watch the video it looks like a pretty silly spot to stand!

On that note, around 4min into the video you can see what happens when you park your Hilux in a ditch frequented by large fast moving trucks...