[Event] Value Logistics Fast One 2018

Lostee

You right the potholes were a little dangerous. I think the E-bike was taking part in the race went by so fast I didn't see the number. I saw one as well in the 94.7 road race. Soon people are going to use them to better their seedings, even if it's just following one.

I wonder what satisfaction, if any, one gets by getting to a certain index like that!

But then again, when I got to Gauteng late 2016, I got to learn of a guy who became the famous cheat in this hub or cycling community as a whole. People have guts out there!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know when racetec results will be out? Tracking only picked me up on middle mat? Weird...

They are taking a bit of time with this one. Other races, such as the Sportif in Cape Town has been up for a while now.

Anyway, just trust your computer. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

AL was.....I don't know...

Nobody wanted to work to try and form a break-away or even attempt one despite me & some willing guys trying numerous times to do that.

Then, 2 Litys from the Juniors break away, then the guys work hard to bring them back, went on like that till the finish!

Nonetheless, racing was fast & hard.

Surges was the order of the day. This is normal for the first race of the year.

Stayed in the front, missed the crash/ punctures etc

Small area of potholes but roads were OK. Not much different from previous years.

Well organised.

Juniors rode better this year too.

Finished on 2:26, hopefully in top 10.

Got a SMS from Racetec saying I finished in 2:36  :cursing:

Seems, there is a 10 minutes issue/ delay with the results!

Nice meeting you mecheng!

Edited by AryM

I started in the GL batch at 7.35am and my race came to an unceremonious end after 63km, after I suffered my third puncture of the race! I had used both my spare tubes and bombs, so I had no option but to bail after the third puncture.

https://youtu.be/_m1H4qvret0

Sorry Neville!

That is terrible

Was supposed to be a chilled coffee ride, but turned into a ride that showed 3 days recovery on my Garmin... [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the 50km route with a mate. judging by the number of back end long distance riders that started off in their group but switched to the shorter distance at the split I can only guess Racetec have a job on their hands trying to clear up the results. 

Was off to a good start and at 13 km there was an accident just behind us. Someone then mentioned to the guy on my right that his friend had bailed. This guy next to me just reacted like a school kid and made a beeline for the side of the AT 45km / hr. Well this idiotic move wipe us both out . The result : Double fracture in shoulder and R20k in medical bills . The moral of the story : HOLD YOUR LINE , ,ALWAYS. If we were on the right hand side of the left hand lane when this stupid move happened we could both have been killed with the amount of Trucks passing the tightly packed peloton. COME ON!

Did the 50km route with a mate. judging by the number of back end long distance riders that started off in their group but switched to the shorter distance at the split I can only guess Racetec have a job on their hands trying to clear up the results. 

I also did the shorter route with my son, which kicked my ass! He came in at no 37. But I am satisfied with my results. I rode almost the same time as last year (±1.46), but improved my overall position from 111 to 93, slightly worse in my start group position (from 17 down to 21) but again improved in my age group of 50-59 down from 28 to 17. 

Turns out Froome is quicker on a training ride with considerably more km and climbing.

To put this into perspective: This ‘Fast One’ race was 96km and ONLY 600m climbing. Chris Froomes ‘training ride’ was 271km AND 3400m climbing.

Nolan Hoffman won @ an average speed = 44.2km/h

Chris Froome trained @ an average speed = 44.8km/h

Surely the gap between them can’t be that vast?

Fin

Edited by khayale

I also did the shorter route with my son, which kicked my ass! He came in at no 37. But I am satisfied with my results. I rode almost the same time as last year (±1.46), but improved my overall position from 111 to 93, slightly worse in my start group position (from 17 down to 21) but again improved in my age group of 50-59 down from 28 to 17. 

Looking at his position I remember your son, we started in A batch and traded places through the race,  I've never done the short route and even though I did not give max effort I expected to do a lot better, Comparing the results last year there were 21 riders under 1.30, this year only 7 so i think the wind must have played a part. 

Edited by scotty