[Event] Value Logistics Fast One 2018

Lostee

For the number conscious... the FastOne has >2500 in the 97km distance, and just under 600 for the 49km.

They’ve increased from 1500 a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any stats on what the number were like in the old days when it was really the fast one, i.e. Hyper to Hyper days ?

I'm pretty sure it must have been close to or just over 2000

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as i know that is only on the R59 coming from vanderbeijlpark side.

Definitely nothing on the roads coming from JHB side.

Good luck and stay safe to all, first time im not there in a few years

Going to miss you ma boet.

As far as i know that is only on the R59 coming from vanderbeijlpark side.

Definitely nothing on the roads coming from JHB side.

Good luck and stay safe to all, first time im not there in a few years

Great stuff. i'll be travelling from Joburg North

Are there any stats on what the number were like in the old days when it was really the fast one, i.e. Hyper to Hyper days ?

I'm pretty sure it must have been close to or just over 2000

When it was Hyper2Hyper is was >6k

Drove on the R42 now. Not to badmouth the organisers but there are plenty of small but deep potholes on that section. Really hope it will be filled or that we dont pass there...

Anyone else racing tandems? My toppie went to fetch our numbers on Thursday and they asked him for our racing licenses. He said as far as he knows you don't need one for tandems. Luckily we both have racing licenses and although he didn't have any proof they were able to check quickly for him but they told him they won't be giving any numbers out to racing tandems without having a racing license. Is there now 2 tandem groups?

Anyone else racing tandems? My toppie went to fetch our numbers on Thursday and they asked him for our racing licenses. He said as far as he knows you don't need one for tandems. Luckily we both have racing licenses and although he didn't have any proof they were able to check quickly for him but they told him they won't be giving any numbers out to racing tandems without having a racing license. Is there now 2 tandem groups?

Someone on a power trip? Tandems aren’t classified as a category with the UCI like Juniors, U23, Elite and Master’s categories (30-34, 35-39, etc.).

Maybe, for safety reasons, they want to eliminate “social” tandems from “racing” tandems but then that’s what seeding is for.

A decent race in AL today. Some serious pinch flats this morning, nothing ruins your race like punctures. The surges remain slightly frustrating, think we should try to have a more steady ride. 

From what I know, the front guys finished 4 minutes off 2017 time. 

To the guy that fell just before the Bosco school, I hope your recovery goes well, that looked like a savage crash, just technology flying all over the place.

Hoping to carry fitness into R4S. 

I had a awesome ride in CL

Frosty and his mates controled the pace in the front and I just managed to hang on.

Thanks guys you rock!

Was supposed to be a chilled coffee ride, but turned into a ride that showed 3 days recovery on my Garmin... [emoji4]

Very nervous BL bunch today, was surprised there wasn't a crash with all the slamming on brakes. The surging didn't help much either.

Was happy to just come in upright in 2:40

Great ride, well organized event. Only annoying thing was an entire bunch that passed us being towed along by an E- bike, surely that's not considered fair play.

I thought you were going to say potholes...

Was the person on the E-bike taking part in the race or just causing k*k and splitting the bunch(es)? That's not good. Esp those guys hanging on seeing that the thing pulling them is electric.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I thought you were going to say potholes...

Was the person on the E-bike taking part in the race or just causing k*k and splitting the bunch(es)? That's not good. Esp those guys hanging on seeing that the thing pulling them is electric.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

You right the potholes were a little dangerous. I think the E-bike was taking part in the race went by so fast I didn't see the number. I saw one as well in the 94.7 road race. Soon people are going to use them to better their seedings, even if it's just following one. Edited by marcfr