Permits on Handlebars

Grease_Monkey

I also use valcro straps but i have small ones that are "double sided" soft one side and the rough on the other.

I have 2 different permits on my bike so i just flip it over like flash cards when i go to the other trail and when attaching it to the bars i make sure the "soft" side is towards the bars so there is no scratching and the actual board does not touch my bars either.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I've been using Velcro straps for quite a while, this seems quite clever. I bet you can apply/change/remove the board quite fast.

Jip. I put two boards on back to back, and change between bikes frequently, and this works lekker.

Many trails also have surveillance cameras that is set up to capture bikes from the handle bars up to try and identify rogue riders. Mounting your board (say) on your fork lower will end up with your mug splashed all over Facebook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You can't be serious? Back of the arch is 10cm lower than having it hanging under the bars. Basically sits in front of the fork crown. And it's far more visible since it doesn't have an array of cables covering it up. 

Just as an aside, i really like the smaller form factor of this year's tygerberg member board. Always a nice moment, snipping the cable ties off the old one and putting the shiny new one on.

You can't be serious? Back of the arch is 10cm lower than having it hanging under the bars. Basically sits in front of the fork crown. And it's far more visible since it doesn't have an array of cables covering it up.

Hey I don’t make the rules dude. Rather get clarity from your local trail authority about this. Last thing all of us need is someone getting aggro for not obeying the rules and f%*cking it up for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey I don’t make the rules dude. Rather get clarity from your local trail authority about this. Last thing all of us need is someone getting aggro for not obeying the rules and f%*cking it up for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Most trailheads I've ridden at only state having the board on display, clearly visible from the front. I've not seen rules stating specifically where to mount it. Maybe they're just more pedantic in the Cape? :)

My local guy actually liked the idea and has suggested it to a few other riders.

Edited by GrahamS2