[Event] Nissan Trailseeker #1

melissa@advendurance.com

Event Name: Nissan Trailseeker #1
When: 5 May 2018
Where: Buffelsdrift, Gauteng
Category: MTB

Just north of Pretoria close to Roodeplaat dam, lies a bushveld haven filled with trails made up of farm roads, cattle paths, dual tracks and strategically designed single track for mountain bikers and the NISSAN TrailSeeker event. The terrain is hard and rocky amongst the grasslands but does boast some rivers and canals. Wildlife can often be seen on these routes, so keep an eye out for some buck species. The routes form part of the popular Buffelsdrift MTB Park

Go to Event Page

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Anyone have the route profile for this event ?

http://advendurance.com/trailseekerseries/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/03/nissan-trailseeker-buffelsdrift-marathon-68km--1024x451.png

http://advendurance.com/trailseekerseries/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/03/40km-half-marathon-nissan-trailseeker-buffelsdrift-1024x451.png

http://advendurance.com/trailseekerseries/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/03/nissan-trailseeker-buffelsdrift-marathon-68km--1024x451.png

http://advendurance.com/trailseekerseries/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/03/40km-half-marathon-nissan-trailseeker-buffelsdrift-1024x451.png

Thanks !

Much appreciated.

Anyone done this before? Buffelsdrift is full of single track, won't congestion be a major issue?

Tia

Entered for the 70, looking forward to it

Am in as well ????

1st race of the year,keen to monster this year if i can put in the training.

Edited by Pikey

Magalies Monster? If so same here

yea MM...haven’t done it for 4 years . Time to do it again, i think????

• 4 weeks later...

The web site is a bit lax on info...

• What time are the starts?
  • Where do we pick up race packs?
  • Is there camping available?
  • What time do we have to be there by?

anyone know the answers ?

The following information was emailed last week (perhaps check your spam folder):

Details like registration, parking, location and route profiles will be sent through to you 5 days before the event. Alternatively, you can visit the website for updated information:www.trailseeker.co.za also keep an eye on our social media for insights on what you can expect.

Anyone done this before? Buffelsdrift is full of single track, won't congestion be a major issue?

Tia

Congestion is not an issue on this race, as the first half of the route is on the flatter (wider trails too) northern side of Buffelsdrift, and only the last (hilly) half is in the actual bike park itself. By then the field is nicely stretched out and tired (from overcooking the first half!). Enjoy!

Congestion is not an issue on this race, as the first half of the route is on the flatter (wider trails too) northern side of Buffelsdrift, and only the last (hilly) half is in the actual bike park itself. By then the field is nicely stretched out and tired (from overcooking the first half!). Enjoy!

Making use of the new Nguni trail probably. In the beginning. Good call.

Will be a lekker race!

Making use of the new Nguni trail probably. In the beginning. Good call.

Will be a lekker race!

Yes, they used all of the Nguni trails in previous years, before it became Nguni

Guest Ratchet road

Marathon 70km start:   06h30

Half Marathon 40km start: 7h00

Fun Race 20km start:  --

Fun Ride 10km start: --

Prize giving: 12h00

Race packs can be collected on Friday or on the day.

I will be there 30 miuntes to 40 minutes before it starts just to be ready and do my preride checks and collect race pack