New Cannondale SystemSix Aero

Spinnekop

Jy skreeu seker vir die Bullz !!

nee wat dit erger maak. Jul het ons gat geskop die naweek wat verby was. Will take one the chin!! maar darem net 1 keer in jare

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I wonder if the disk only 'Dale will be faster up a 6% climb compared to the Factor ;)

The factor has this split downtube that none of these other frames have:

Not sure of its an advantage going up or downhill though.

Factor-ONE-v2_split-downtube-carbon-rim-factor-one-one-pro-cycling-steele-von-ho

nee wat dit erger maak. Jul het ons gat geskop die naweek wat verby was. Will take one the chin!! maar darem net 1 keer in jare

Lions forever !!!

The factor has this split downtube that none of these other frames have:

Not sure of its an advantage going up or downhill though.

Factor-ONE-v2_split-downtube-carbon-rim-factor-one-one-pro-cycling-steele-von-ho

I have a feeling that’s more for exclusivity than aero advantages.

I have a feeling that’s more for exclusivity than aero advantages.

From their site: (Its called the Twine Vane Evo Downtube)

Factor has worked tirelessly on the development of the Twin Vane Evo downtube, for more aerodynamic efficiency and maximum frame stiffness. The Twin Vane Evo takes all what we learned during the extensive aerodynamic work to design the Factor SLiCK, and has been developed through CFD in the computer and later optimized in the wind tunnel. This feature on the ONE shows an expertise in design and engineering that is unique to Factor.

The Twin Vane Evo downtube lets the air run through while increasing the bike stiffness at the BB and headset.

The new Factor ONE goes beyond aerodynamics to be the fastest aero road bike ever, not on paper or in the wind tunnel, but on the road. With the Twin Vane Evo downtube at its core, the new ONE has been designed for aerodynamic efficiency and maximum frame stiffness. Leading the peloton against the headwind, an all-out criterium or at a fast paceline through the rolling countryside, the new ONE is sure to deliver an exhilarating, fast ride.

Edited by Cav'

From their site: (Its called the Twine Vane Evo Downtube)

Factor has worked tirelessly on the development of the Twin Vane Evo downtube, for more aerodynamic efficiency and maximum frame stiffness. The Twin Vane Evo takes all what we learned during the extensive aerodynamic work to design the Factor SLiCK, and has been developed through CFD in the computer and later optimized in the wind tunnel. This feature on the ONE shows an expertise in design and engineering that is unique to Factor.

The new Factor ONE goes beyond aerodynamics to be the fastest aero road bike ever, not on paper or in the wind tunnel, but on the road. With the Twin Vane Evo downtube at its core, the new ONE has been designed for aerodynamic efficiency and maximum frame stiffness. Leading the peloton against the headwind, an all-out criterium or at a fast paceline through the rolling countryside, the new ONE is sure to deliver an exhilarating, fast ride.

Like I said

So my question is ...
With pretty much all of these aero bikes, they are available in sizes 47cm, 51cm, 54cm, 56cm, 58cm, 61cm across the entire range.
Why not incremental jumps of 2cm? It make the selection a lot easier.

With all these new aero bikes, so much effort has gone into hiding the cables, flattening the bars and shaping the tubes and forks etc, that now the Di2 front mech really sticks out like the dogs balls!

With all these new aero bikes, so much effort has gone into hiding the cables, flattening the bars and shaping the tubes and forks etc, that now the Di2 front mech really sticks out like the dogs balls!

Next step would be to integrate the motor into the frame for the front mech?

Next step would be to integrate the motor into the frame for the front mech?

"Comes with built-in motor. DI2, doping and e-bike ready. Attachments sold separately"