Fork upgrade

capediver

Lufftkappe if you feel like you need more sensitivity ( which could be the case with the motion control damper )

if you are pleased with the small bump sensitivity then take the MRP

both are noteworthy upgrades but I lean towards the luffkappe 

elaboration 

Lufftkappe:

- yes

- Excellent small bump sensitivity which will yield A more comfortable ride and more grip on fast choppy sections ( if your rebound is set correctly)

- Probably not necessary nut damn well worth the money to upgrade

MRP:

- yes

- On the fly ramp adjustment is very valuable but you HAVE to actually use it then , i think the problem is people don't use it enough imo 

- Also not completely necessary , you can still adjust the ramp with spacers by taking off the topcap ( which is A shlep but won't kill you)

Edited by BaGearA

RS Yari (2017) Solo Air, 160mm.....

Upgrade...

MRP?

or

Luftkappe?

Yes?

Why?

Necessary?

Is your fork the Debonair model?

RS Yari (2017) Solo Air, 160mm.....

Upgrade...

MRP?

or

Luftkappe?

Yes?

Why?

Necessary?

Or just buy yourself the Charger II damper upgrade and you effectively have a Lyrik RCT3.

Or just buy yourself the Charger II damper upgrade and you effectively have a Lyrik RCT3.

or he can go with the new 2019 charger II RC2 + air spring upgrade package. Just announced,  sounds very interesting, at least more interesting than just the charger II damper upgrade of last year. VitalMTB, Pinkbike etc sayign availability in April. I've made enquiries at LBS. Let's hope it is April.

or he can go with the new 2019 charger II RC2 + air spring upgrade package. Just announced,  sounds very interesting, at least more interesting than just the charger II damper upgrade of last year. VitalMTB, Pinkbike etc sayign availability in April. I've made enquiries at LBS. Let's hope it is April.

That's also an option. Ultimately, these upgrades won't necessarily make you a better or faster rider, but if you've got the cash and feel the need for that 'supportive midstroke, go for it. 

You have to give kudos to RockShox for releasing these dampers with backwards compatibility. You could've bought a Yari RC some time ago and with the upgrade kit basically turn it into a brand spanking new Lyrik.

That's also an option. Ultimately, these upgrades won't necessarily make you a better or faster rider, but if you've got the cash and feel the need for that 'supportive midstroke, go for it. 

You have to give kudos to RockShox for releasing these dampers with backwards compatibility. You could've bought a Yari RC some time ago and with the upgrade kit basically turn it into a brand spanking new Lyrik.

This....don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy with the Yari....I just know that it can be upgraded at very little cost to improve performance without replacing it completely. So it's either the RS damper kits, MRP or Lufkappe (from what I understand)....

new damper will cost A lot more than the lufftkap or MRP 

but if you can get the damper... then get the damper

I've thrown a charger2 in a yari and bumped the travel to 180mm. If I had to choose again I'd just do the extra travel. A 180mm fork is just sick!.

The Vorsprung is about R1500 and the MRP is about R2.5k?

I've got both in my pike and to be honest both are nice to have but it's so, so  for me on how much they do for the fork.

The Luffekappe does what it's supposed to but I'm 50/50 on it and tbh my life hasn't changed that much because of it.

The MRP is more noticeable because you can fiddle with it and it does something tangible. Again a fun thing to have but you have to use it and really I wasn't fussed about changing tokens before hand and only change it cos it's there. Crank it up on the steeps n back it off on the flats.

I got both when I was in the uk for about 35% cost so am happy with that for the price. If I was looking at buying them new here and know what I know now. I'd probably put the cash into something else that would do a lot more. 

Edit: 

I would say the MRP does give you the ability to set your sag and just ride the progression depending on the terrain and that is quite useful. So if it was out of the two I'd go for the MRP especially if you're doing OS trips and swap about between big hitting trails and more mellow stuff. 

Edited by hellocolour

The Vorsprung is about R1500 and the MRP is about R2.5k?

I've got both in my pike and to be honest both are nice to have but it's so on how much the do for the fork.

The Luffekappe does what it's supposed to but I'm 50/50 on it and my life hasn't changed that much because of it.

The MRP is more noticble because

You can fiddle with it and it does something tangible. Again a fun thing to have but you have to use it and really I wasn't fussed about changing tokens before hand and only change it cos it's there. Crank it up on the steeps n back it off on the flats.

I got both when I was in the uk for about 35% cost so am happy with it. But if I was looking at buy them new here and know what I know. I'd put the cash into something else for sure.

Thanks for that...as you say...nice to have....I'm still happy with the fork as it is...never bottomed out on it (easy to do in Morzine!)...good to know I can upgrade later tho'.

If you're going for the Luftkappe, make sure you get the right one. The Pike one will make your Yari feel rubbish.

If you want to test a Ramp Control, bring your fork round and we'll pop one in for a weekend.

If you're going for the Luftkappe, make sure you get the right one. The Pike one will make your Yari feel rubbish.

If you want to test a Ramp Control, bring your fork round and we'll pop one in for a weekend.

Droo! Was hoping you would weigh in on this.....Now that's what I like to hear!!! Sorta like planned maintenance and test drive all at once.....will give you a call when I'm in country!