WISH Online

Stretch

You can also try www.aliexpress.com. 

I ordered 'name brand' items from them, got the fake items and requested a full refund that is still one day in processing.

I get all my money back except for the R24 I had to pay at the post office and I get to keep the fake items.  I see this as a win-win situation.

Remind me not to stand next to you in a lightning storm :whistling:

My original pair and fakes alongside one another...

7695d33359f0b7753430180068511332.jpg

Those fake ones can be worse for your eyes than not wearing any. If it doesn't have proper UV protection then it dilates your pupils and actually allows more UV in, or at least thats what I've heard.

Guys at work have ordered from them, the stuff usually arrives but it can take 2 to 3 months sometimes. And then you still have to pay a handling fee of +-R25 to the post office.

I've ordered quite a few cycling items from Wish. Happy to say that absolutely everything was great quality - but the sizes were mostly out. Apart from really small sizes, the waiting period is a pain. The shortest turn-around was 2 months and the longest 4 months. But other than that, I really cant complain about quality at all.

Wish is cheap china quality items

They do sell better quality stuff but you will pay comparable prices to in SA.

If I plan on experimenting and just want a cheap version ill order china, else I just buy the product in SA.

There are rare times when China sellers have things I can't find in SA, read the reviews and find best of the options out there.

The Tax is now minimum R25 odd customs release fee per package.

They only inspect package with high value now (mine all been less than R400).

"Cheap China quality items" ?? is that an oxy-moron?

Yes. Not intentionally.

Mostly its just the finishing of products that show how "cheap" they are.

Its almost like they use worn out mould's (I am sure this is likely what happens)

Typical modus operandi is to do a production overrun, these give you the best quality product.

So let's say a customer wants 10 000 brackets, the supplier buys enough stock material for 20 000, delivers 10k to client and sells the rest locally.

Another modus operandi is like you said, discarded molds, which give crappy products with plenty of finishing required from the flashing of the plastic. Same basic parts, just a bit more crappy.

On delivery times, Last lots of stuff I ordered had a 100 days average shipping time.

Placed order today will see how long that one takes, its mostly the Post Office that delays packages.

Used to do the WISH thing. Most of the times the goods never arrived - got the refund each time and without too much waiting for the refund. In the end I deleted my WISH account and app - just couldn't be bothered.

Aliexpress is MUCH better. Proper parcel tracking, the ability to contact the seller directly if you have questions, etc. and in many instances not much difference price wise between Aliexpress and WISH (Just keep an eye on shipping / postage fees). Their refund system is also brilliant and efficient.

+1 for Aliexpress

I have ordered a whole bunch of carbon bicycle parts from them, quality was lekker, no problems at all. I've been ordering from Aliexpress for yeeeeeaaaaars now. Yes sometimes a package goes missing, but I'd say one tiny item is lost for every 100 that arrives. Pretty good odds for the price you pay imo, and their after sales service is usually pretty good if you take the time to complain. The refund you on a whim. Customer satisfaction is a pretty big deal for them.

That being said, don't be dof and expect a real RaceFace bar to arrive. Expect LaceFace. 80% of the quality, 20% of the price, but you won't look as cool in front of your buds when you rock up with it.

Those fake ones can be worse for your eyes than not wearing any. If it doesn't have proper UV protection then it dilates your pupils and actually allows more UV in, or at least thats what I've heard.

To live under the motorbike seat and be used at beer stops on a weekend ride, they work just fine...

Destroy a R3k pair

Destroy a R300 pair

Maybe you would rather destroy a R3k pair, if so, Ill send you my bank details if you like throwing away money.

I get what you are saying... they don't have to be expensive, you do get some affordable sunglasses, the point is making sure they actually have UV protection.

They sell same stuff sorta, Banggood has better browsing system.

AliExpress has best selection but includes many duplicates from different sellers.

Banggood rarely has more than one of the exact same item, good quality and no crazy prices(sometimes not cheap but rarely super expensive).

Wish is cheapest of the lot but nightmare to navigate in comparison.