OD2 Reba

Balooba

Guys I need help.

Who in Pretoria can assist me with making a OD2 RockShox Reba work on a Momsen? Bought the shock with all the bearings (oversized) needed to make it work. A specific BS in Jhb told me in can't be done after they tried.

Guys from a reputable online spares shop in Cape town told me they talking bull twang. It can be done.

I sold my old shock to pay for the new one so I am sitting in ....... ( and have the worst withdrawal symptoms.

Please help.

which Momsen do you have?

The only reason it may not work as you Momsen may be staight steerer.

Otherwise if i recall, the OD2 is only the internal diameter of the said bearing, externally/outer are the same as conventional tapered headset bearings

Otherwise if i recall, the OD2 is only the internal diameter of the said bearing, externally/outer are the same as conventional tapered headset bearings

Correct - you should be able to fit an OD steerer fork.

Where you fit the top bearing from a normal headset you should just fit a giant OD headset top bearing

https://soshanger.com/epages/box11137.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/box11137/Products/NO54

https://soshanger.com/epages/box11137.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/box11137/Products/NO51

Maybe the guys at Westdene can help - they have the Giant headsets and normal ones so should be able to make it work...

Thanks for the reply.

I have a tapered (integrated ) headset. 2013 Momsen 629 Carbon hard tail.

Correct - you should be able to fit an OD steerer fork.

Where you fit the top bearing from a normal headset you should just fit a giant OD headset top bearing

https://soshanger.com/epages/box11137.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/box11137/Products/NO54

https://soshanger.com/epages/box11137.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/box11137/Products/NO51

Maybe the guys at Westdene can help - they have the Giant headsets and normal ones so should be able to make it work...

Thanks, do you have a name for bike shop in Westdene?

I thought OD2 was exclusive to fox ? :huh:

No, apparently both Fox and RockShox build them. Apparently they are more Giant specific but with the correct bearings they can be fitted on other bikes as well.

If the bearing OD is 42mm, you can fit an OD2 bearing and topcap. I have a few in a box somewhere from stanchion replacements.

If it's a 41mm bearing you're out of luck.

If your headset cup's can't be changed take in I/D of the od2 bearing and the O/D of your standard bearing and contact someone like Bearing Man to see if they have something like that it worked for me in the past. Good luck

If your headset cup's can't be changed take in I/D of the od2 bearing and the O/D of your standard bearing and contact someone like Bearing Man to see if they have something like that it worked for me in the past. Good luck

I got the bearings with the fork and they fit snugly in the headset. Problem is I need a top cap (I think) to pull it all tight.

If the bearing OD is 42mm, you can fit an OD2 bearing and topcap. I have a few in a box somewhere from stanchion replacements.

If it's a 41mm bearing you're out of luck.

I got the bearings with the fork and they fit snugly in my headset, no play. I do not have the original OD2 top cap that I believe will pull it all tight???

Sweet, what will it cost me to get the top cap that will work on the OD2?

Archived