[Event] EWC Round 1 Hoogekraal

Dan Dob

Hi there. Just a question to the guys that have done Enduros before, I haven't done one yet but thinking of entering the Enduro "Lite". 

I'm not the youngest, lack real skill and only riding a 120mm hardtail so this might just be the right option for me :eek:  

What time is usually spent on a three stage Lite race (from the start of the event to the end of the last stage)? I have no idea how much time is spent between stages and on the stages itself. 

Thanks.

Edit : Just checked some info on the enter website, I see they mention out on the course for 2-3 hours.

Edited by Neill71

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have the skills to race there, let alone the climbing legs for all those incredible climbs up trail z and cobra.

I dont have the skills to race there, let alone the climbing legs for all those incredible climbs up trail z and cobra.

bull****. You def have the skills to race there. Do the early session so climbing won't matter as much. Just listen to your wife for once and enter!

Hi there. Just a question to the guys that have done Enduros before, I haven't done one yet but thinking of entering the Enduro "Lite".

I'm not the youngest, lack real skill and only riding a 120mm hardtail so this might just be the right option for me :eek:

What time is usually spent on a three stage Lite race (from the start of the event to the end of the last stage)? I have no idea how much time is spent between stages and on the stages itself.

Thanks.

Edit : Just checked some info on the enter website, I see they mention out on the course for 2-3 hours.

That's about right. Expect a total racing time of about 20 - 30 min tho. ????

Hoogies is an awesome trail my skills not quite up there to race down it yet but working on it.

Join us anyway. Nobody is ever really ready to race and the best way to get better is to race enduro's!

If you're unsure go off in the early group so you're not pressured by the other groups if they catch up with you (even if you aren't a kid/beginner rider).

It's a fun day out and really, it's just like your typical ride anywhere, just with a few more people and the 'racing' part of it just pushes you a bit out of your comfort zone to create something more special than your normal ride. Just enter-you can do it!

Edited by iRide

would a scalpel with 100mm travel survive? 

Yes... easily.

It's Hoogekraal, not Morzine!

Pretty much any bike will be fine. If you're racing to win, then you would probably have an appropriate bike anyway.

Just pitch up, bring a smile and some gees and give it a bash

would a scalpel with 100mm travel survive? 

There are guys on Mercer hardtails winning their age categories and placing on the podium overall sometimes! So yes, any bike is good and as long as you wear a helmet you are welcome! Dropper post helps a lot at speed and we recommend kneepads and baggies for protection but they're not essential (as long as you don't blame us for your falls!)

Edited by iRide

I might just do it on a Hardtail

Hoogekral can be gnar if you're pushing the limits, are you planning on taking it easy? Or is this a humblebrag?

Hoogekral can be gnar if you're pushing the limits, are you planning on taking it easy? Or is this a humblebrag?

The Cobra is proper rocky and rutted at the moment. It's not highly technical but at speed you could see your pipe there. The Trail Z decent is very sandy on the first swithcback section. The front (original) Hoogekraal decent is riding beautifully. Super fast and flowy.

Well, I doubt i can go fast anyways. But thinking of the climbs, the Hardtail is better suited. No bragging. Hows the tranny treating you? Any more falls?

Well, I doubt i can go fast anyways. But thinking of the climbs, the Hardtail is better suited. No bragging. Hows the tranny treating you? Any more falls?

Yah went OTB past Sunday again, on dh2 this time. But getting more comfortable with the bike...