[Event] EWC Round 1 Hoogekraal

Dan Dob

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It is enduro. It says so on the tittle and has the same colours on the logo as the EWS stuff so it's proper #enduro. So you need to kit up. Goggles, MX kit, pads & armour, all colour coordinating and because it's enduro you need a Fox 36 (or pike minimum) and as much travel as possible. Anything less than 150mm and you'll be putting your life on the line. Forget geometry or sense you just need to get as much travel in because you can never have 'too much bike' in #enduro. Short travel trail bike? Forget what the makers have designed, the hard thought out R&D and just strap more travel front and back as you can. If it's got #enduro on the cover then you know it's not that xc bermfest. This is different Tygerberg, this is #enduro tygerberg.

You spelled Tygerberm wrong

You can fall anywhere anytime.

As evidence by the numerous almost KIA's at Hoogies. Rather wear protection kids.

I also meant so much kit for an XC trail and a 4:15......  :ph34r:

I also meant so much kit for an XC trail and a 4:15......  :ph34r:

So because you ride slow you don't need pads?

Not quite sure how you're trying to take the piss here? OR better, WHY or even IF you are.

If the weather is anything like the last couple of days, its going to be a sweatfest...there is no wind on the back of that hill and it cooks under the baking sun!!

I rode there saturday afternoon. Gave the cobra a miss and headed to the car. The back of the hill was extremely hot and the front(table mountain side) was extremely windy.

Muishond, maybe??

Nooooooooooooo........... Serious question though??

Can an e-Bike enter... I looked on their entry page and doesn't state otherwise....

Can an e-Bike enter... I looked on their entry page and doesn't state otherwise....

If they had a separate category, don't see why not...would be unfair to compete in same category/class as non-ebikes tho'...maybe iRide Africa can shed some light....

No E-Bike category I'm afraid. CSA expressly forbids E-Bikes on the same course at the same time and we are operating under their rules.

No. It is enduro. It says so on the tittle and has the same colours on the logo as the EWS stuff so it's proper #enduro. So you need to kit up. Goggles, MX kit, pads & armour, all colour coordinating and because it's enduro you need a Fox 36 (or pike minimum) and as much travel as possible. Anything less than 150mm and you'll be putting your life on the line. Forget geometry or sense you just need to get as much travel in because you can never have 'too much bike' in #enduro. Short travel trail bike? Forget what the makers have designed, the hard thought out R&D and just strap more travel front and back as you can. If it's got #enduro on the cover then you know it's not that xc bermfest. This is different Tygerberg, this is #enduro tygerberg. 

Thanks for the tips. I heard this was an EWS qualifier too. Imagine an EWS round at Hoogies. I mean that would just enduro my mind. 

I'm bringing my hard tail. 

Thanks for the tips. I heard this was an EWS qualifier too. Imagine an EWS round at Hoogies. I mean that would just enduro my mind. 

I'm bringing my hard tail. 

Hardtails are faster at Hoogies. I reckon there'll be a few on the podium :)

Edited by iRide