[Event] EWC Round 1 Hoogekraal

Dan Dob

TL:DR

Cracked frame. No warranty. Banshee's goodwill offer is above Harry's disposable income threshold.

I do need to add, the  Banshee boys and girls and the Andrew's from Stoke really went out of their way to offer me a really phenomenal frame solution .... unfortunately I could not take them up on it.

But it needs to be noted that these guy's went well beyond what one can expect from anyone for service.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope you have better luck than I did! Don't mean to burst your bubble, but my order from Germany (Bike24) said "The shipment has left the import parcel centre..." on 13 March. It arrived at my local post office only on 4 April! Brace yourself!

............... I also hope so.

HUH? How? He only ever rides it on the Tableview-Town Bikepath.

hectic trail with pavements and all .... so I make sure to use my butch skinny tyred SS on this treacherous path

and only in fair weather conditions anyway

obviaaassly

He does take a lot of pictures of it. Maybe the constant flashing weakened the Ali?

Funny enough, this is the least most photographed of all my bikes .... we had a rather special relationship that I was not keen on sharing with others ... kind of made me a possessive and jealous bicycle rider.

I mean did you see Lombardi corner on SS3, seriously.. not even a gshhh or a gshhh, in this corner, then that corner. Seriously. Was good to see how it's supposed to be done. No Bup-bup-bup-braking-bumps! Lol

Sorry for the hijack...but this needs to be seen:

Unbelievable stuff...and a little funny. Direct contrast to our conditions lol

By popular demand, I have created a second album.

If you did not spot yourself in the first album, try this one here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nxfnq354z2b7zyf/AACh1eHrlSuQ7sx4Ktgh311La?dl=0

If you are not in either, then I am sorry I missed you.

Next time smile, wave or pop a wheelie when coming past.

Crashing is optional ... but it will make you famous! :ph34r:

post-4352-0-47145500-1524805218_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What a lekke day that was!

So, I'm the OTB ou. So, wtf happened there? I had some time on my back thinking, and went to go fetch my bike today, checked it out.

So, first off, I love those tables. I ride hoogies easy once a WEEK. Almost every time I push up, and do those tables, over and over and over. I enjoy the carp outa them. Clear em big. Land them deep.

So, what happened? Besides having a total brain fart, I know of 2 things.

1. Uncleated on the 1st almost OTB landing. Tried to keep wheels down on number 2,as I wasn't proper on. Well, I've learned before, and seems I had to learn again. At that speed, commit. You can keep the front down, good luck with the back.

2. Got my bike today... Rebound, all the way to the damn bunny. I lock the rear out when climbing.. Only logical answer, flipping the lock on and off, made the rebound screw turn. Guess keeping an eye on that would be wise.

But, all in all, can't wait to get back on my bike! Also, just a session on those tables. Need some better photos.