Foot Cramp in bed.

Anyone else get cramps in the arches of their feet while they're in bed?

Sometime just as I'm dropping off, I get a cramp in one foot or the other. The only clue seems to be that I notice that sometimes I "point my toes" down towards the bottom of the bed without meaning to.

When it cramps it hurts like hell! :-(

Sometime just as I'm dropping off, I get a cramp in one foot or the other. The only clue seems to be that I notice that sometimes I "point my toes" down towards the bottom of the bed without meaning to.

If I stretch my toes & arch my foot I get massive cramp in the arches of my foot. Thought I was just a bit deformed like ????

Its the pointing downwards of toes. I can lock up those muscles at any time by doing that. Its normally a result of an involuntary stretch and it hurts like heck :(

Yes... calf muscle cramps also possible and also as I’m falling asleep. Weird. Has to be some deficiency but sometimes supplements seem to work, others not.

Asked the doc about this. Not enough training was his view. And supplements are a waste of time. So obviously I must just sleep more ????

I also get calf and foot cramps at night.

I have tried the calcium and magnesium tabs but for some reason cannot keep them in.

I also get calf and foot cramps at night.

I have tried the calcium and magnesium tabs but for some reason cannot keep them in.

Try the magnesium alone for a few days rather than a cal/mag mix.

Seems better tolerated by some people.

Try the magnesium alone for a few days rather than a cal/mag mix.

Seems better tolerated by some people.

Thanks will give it a try

Increase sodium intake. Put a few grains of iodated salt on your tongue, if cramp goes away within a minute then you've found the problem. And don't waste your time with that Himalayan salt nonsense.

If I stretch my toes & arch my foot I get massive cramp in the arches of my foot. Thought I was just a bit deformed like

I guess this is pretty much what I'm doing as I fall sleep, without knowing it.

Will try some Magnesium first and then some Sodium if that doesn't help.

I often get a cramp in the same area when I stretch my toes downward. It goes away quickly if I gently stretch my toes upward.

Have you changed your diet? When i cut carbs I get night cramps.

Nothing has changed much diet wise. Less salad / more soups because it's been winter here?

Most of the time, no apparent cause for night leg cramps can be identified. In general, night leg cramps are likely to be related to muscle fatigue and nerve problems.

The risk of having night leg cramps increases with age. Pregnant women also have a higher likelihood of having night leg cramps.

Several conditions, such as kidney failure and diabetic nerve damage, are known to cause night leg cramps. But if you have one of these, you're most likely aware of it and have symptoms other than night leg cramps.

People who are taking certain medications, such as certain diuretics, might be more likely to have night leg cramps, although it's not known if there's a direct connection.

Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is sometimes confused with night leg cramps, but it's a separate condition. In general, pain is not a main feature of RLS, although some people describe their RLS as being painful.

Other conditions that may sometimes be associated with night leg cramps may include:

Structural disorders
  1. Peripheral artery disease
  2. Spinal stenosis

Metabolic problems
  1. Acute kidney failure
  2. Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency)
  3. Anemia
  4. Chronic kidney disease
  5. Cirrhosis (scarring of the liver)
  6. Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
  7. Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
  8. Type 1 diabetes
  9. Type 2 diabetes

Medications and procedures
  1. Blood pressure drugs
  2. Cholesterol-lowering drugs (statins)
  3. Dialysis
  4. Diuretics (water retention relievers)
  5. Oral contraceptives

Other conditions
  1. Dehydration
  2. Diarrhea
  3. Muscle fatigue
  4. Nerve damage, as from cancer treatments
  5. Osteoarthritis (disease causing the breakdown of joints)
  6. Parkinson's disease
  7. Pregnancy

Do some lower leg and ankle stretches, such a sit on your heels on the floor and stretch your toes 

post-33015-0-07345500-1522668066.jpg

I suffer similar when swimming in stretching my toes out pointing down.  If have done a hard swim after work I can sometimes get cramps in bed as you describe.

By doing heels and feet stretches it will make your ankles more flexible and should stop the cramps