• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it happened

Super nice bike. 

You are going to have so much fun.

Like the other guys said, get rid of the saddle bag and carry what you need in your back pockets...

Why??? Because saddle bags don't go with dropper seatposts!!  :whistling:

As much as patch is part of the anti saddle bag mafia, he is right ????.

Can’t run a saddle bag with a reverb ....no no no . That’s not very #endurobro ????

Oh and it might not be to kind to your droppers stanchion ????

Awesome bike, great choice you gonna rip the trails up on that ????

So i went ofr my first ride today. was great. just need to adjust a few thing on the bikefit side.

forgot how great that SWAT compartment was on the camber. it really is genius. saddle bag is irritating when the knocks against the seat post. will have to look for some accesories

So i went ofr my first ride today. was great. just need to adjust a few thing on the bikefit side.

forgot how great that SWAT compartment was on the camber. it really is genius. saddle bag is irritating when the knocks against the seat post. will have to look for some accesories

There are some neat ways of attaching a SWAT to other bikes too. Buddy of mine had one under the seat of his Scalpel for Desert Dash. But, let us know what parts you need to take with you and I’m sure we could help find ways stashing them all over the place.

Look, we tease about the saddle bag thing, and you should ignore that, but with a dropper it’s not about looks...

Edited by Patchelicious

There are some neat ways of attaching a SWAT to other bikes too. Buddy of mine had one under the seat of his Scalpel for Desert Dash. But, let us know what parts you need to take with you and I’m sure we could help find ways stashing them all over the place.

Look, we tease about the saddle bag thing, and should ignore that, but with a dropper it’s not about looks...

Yeah, it's possible to SWAT out your whole bike. What I've done with my pre SWAT compartment Camber it to attach the multi- tool to my bottle cage, chain tool in the headset, mountain bandit (which holds my spare tube, 1 CO2 canister, and a tyre lever) under the seat. I just carry the co2 head piece and another co2 canister in my jersey pocket, but this could easily be attached to the bottom of the seatpost with a rubber attachment also made by Spez.

This is of course an expensive route to go because you need a Spaz saddle and bottle cage for it to work. But as mentioned, plenty of other options that can also work.

Yeah, it's possible to SWAT out your whole bike. What I've done with my pre SWAT compartment Camber it to attach the multi- tool to my bottle cage, chain tool in the headset, mountain bandit (which holds my spare tube, 1 CO2 canister, and a tyre lever) under the seat. I just carry the co2 head piece and another co2 canister in my jersey pocket, but this could easily be attached to the bottom of the seatpost with a rubber attachment also made by Spez.

This is of course an expensive route to go because you need a Spaz saddle and bottle cage for it to work. But as mentioned, plenty of other options that can also work.

What I meant is actually getting the SWAT box from Spez and attaching it. Complete Cyclist brought them in, just the box, for about R400, bought one for my Crux

Mazeltov on the new bike. What a thing of beauty. I wish you many happy and safe miles on it.

The problem with these types of agony aunt type threads invariably is that you are asking for not only an informed view, but an unbiased objective view. From a BIASED jury.

Had I given input, I would have told you to go for the Camber Expert for no other reason other than I have one. 2 years ago I would have said go for the Trek EX 9 cos that,s what I rode then. People cannot help recommending what they have, I guess its just human nature. Unless what they have is universally acknowledged to be total dogshit. Like, I don’t recall anyone ever recommending a Makro bike to a beginner.

Pretty much my setup, except for the bandit, using a back country strap, I think the SA equivalent is a Ratz strap, works well. I also use the dual bomb holder that fits under the bottle cage with the valve adaptor screwed into the exposed thread of the bomb

Get yourself a Syncros Matchbox Tailor Cage. It's the next best thing to SWAT

http://thehangerbikeco.co.za/accessories/

Get yourself a Syncros Matchbox Tailor Cage. It's the next best thing to SWAT

http://thehangerbikeco.co.za/accessories/

As with all of these bottle cage accessory mounts check that it fits the frame first... It's gonna raise the bottle up a bit and it might rub against the shock or top tube, depending on the frame (or bottle). Also mine never came supplied with bolts and had to scavenge for a bolt with a small head that could fit inside the cage. I'm just saying it's not a guaranteed solution for every bike.

great bike, but GET RID OF THAT SADDLE BAG!!!

If you want to keep it, put it in the front triangle just at the head tube junction. 

Seriously. Get rid of it, or put it somewhere else. Or get another one that attaches solidly to the saddle rails, and doesn't touch the dropper. 

Otherwise - spare tube strapped to the saddle rails (back side of the saddle) bombs in a bottle cage adapter, plug kit in a little bag (made out of an old spare tube) strapped to the new spare tube, or get Spaz's SWAT bottle cage system. 

Saddle bags ROCK !!

[/url]

Ja saddle bags ROCK. From side to side. Scratching the stancions on a R5k Reverb.

In this case spending a bit of money to not wear a backpack while riding will save you a lot on the long run in consequential damages.

I have a scratched reverb stanchion (due to not servicing it for three years) and the repair bill is more than the price of a Lyne seatpost.

Don't be like Philip,don't screw up your reverb.

A tube and a bomb can be taped to your frame. Cost: 1 roll of insulation tape in applicable colour.

Multitool can go into your pocket, or into your headset, on your bottle Cage or in your crank. Cost: Mahala if in pocket, choose your poison and spend appropriately if mounted to bike.

Here is my solution, look and feel around until you get something that works for you.

Tube and 50gr bomb taped to frame.
0bb567f56ca7cbca9b8d1332de3d6c28.jpg
0930a344217cbfc9b3256ff5aad662e8.jpg

Tools in squishy bag that goes into my shirt pocket, swat pants pocket or in my backpack.
https://www.pinned.co.za/squishy-bag-tool.html

68de0ede7ac6b33e1e42f92e1e32508b.jpg
21e8d687d0ae00e2ce1b0d3ddc4b2a29.jpg

Contents:
Flat Multitool with chain breaker. Med aid and ICE card in that.
Tyre lever (can ditch this, as I can take my tyres of without it.)
Co2 bomb with adaptor and tyre plug fork
Tyre plugs
Little box with antihistamines, chain links and tube patches
Spare dropout for my bike.

To be honest I could just tape the tyre lever and tyre plug to the frame as well, but if you have two bikes everything is on this bag, so as long as you grab it you are sorted, instead of duplicating items to serve multiple bikes

Edited by PhilipV

I'm a fan of the spez swat system, that kosblik behind the bottle cage is a pretty good solution, and I secretly want the Mountain Bandit Strap as well. But the mountain strap requires a spez saddle, other alternatives will also work, might not be as sturdy though.

All there, no problem, no rattle! Sorry about the dirty bike, was prewash!

post-37058-0-37784100-1523030725_thumb.jpeg

post-37058-0-57387900-1523030875_thumb.jpeg

Edited by MphatiPyga