Farr - Endurance Inspired Bike Solutions

Farrnus

Just a few days left to take Advantage of FREE ???????? Delivery ( orders over R500 ) /// don’t MISS OUT!

post-121972-0-51399000-1545914772_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some great pics being shared on INSTA of our AERO BOLT-ON doing the rounds in Europe 

in SA these are seeing more MTB use, in Europe more GravelBike.

Which computer mount are you guy using/recommending with the clip on aero bar?

I splashed out on one and am up the creek with my barfly MTB mount not working lekker with my Si stem and aero clip on

Which computer mount are you guy using/recommending with the clip on aero bar?

I splashed out on one and am up the creek with my barfly MTB mount not working lekker with my Si stem and aero clip on

Unfortunately there are no 1 size fits all options in the market. We suggest using the round front of the extension for mounting the GPS - cleanest and centered option. There is also space between stem and bolt-on if you use the K-Edge ones which are the thinnest we have seen.

You can also mount to stem of bike. Alot of different ways to do it.

post-121972-0-09818100-1545976785_thumb.jpeg

post-121972-0-41171800-1545977194_thumb.jpeg

@farrnus - As a matter of interest why are all your carbon frames sized from mid 40cm to low 50cm? Also why is large in the alloy bikes actually 54cm and X-Large 56cm top bar?

Id be pretty keen on a carbon frameset at 56cm if you make it in this size? (Teal)

Unfortunately there are no 1 size fits all options in the market. We suggest using the round front of the extension for mounting the GPS - cleanest and centered option. There is also space between stem and bolt-on if you use the K-Edge ones which are the thinnest we have seen.

You can also mount to stem of bike. Alot of different ways to do it.

Lekker thank you. The 2nd pic is what I want to achieve but need to get my steerer tube cut to be able to mount the GPS in that position without the barfly.

Don't want to drop the cash for a K-edge without knowing if its thin enough.

Other option is the face plate mounting

@farrnus - As a matter of interest why are all your carbon frames sized from mid 40cm to low 50cm? Also why is large in the alloy bikes actually 54cm and X-Large 56cm top bar?

Id be pretty keen on a carbon frameset at 56cm if you make it in this size? (Teal)

The Cromo frames are a more “comfort” geometry with taller headtubes across all sizes.

The Carbon frames are more “race-orientated” with more aggressive geometry.

We may consider larger sizes down the road but first need to sell what is already in stock.

Lekker thank you. The 2nd pic is what I want to achieve but need to get my steerer tube cut to be able to mount the GPS in that position without the barfly.

Most GPS units have a barmount that will fit the Aero bolt-on where the Light is positioned in that 2nd pic.

Most GPS units have a barmount that will fit the Aero bolt-on where the Light is positioned in that 2nd pic.

Yes they do but I'm trying to avoid using that spot for the GPS. Prefer to keep the unit mounted closer to the bar and further away from a crash

if you check your stem cap width and then measure 27.5mm from the center to the edge of the bolt-on you can see the gap and work out if your IN-FRONT mount will fit between your stem and the bolt-on. 

usually a ROAD stem is narrower than a MTB stem and then in MTB stems there are also different widths --- eg. an XCO stem will be thinner than a DH/ENDURO stem.

It’s a Cannondale Si stem so the faceplate is WIDE.

I have about 6mm to play with, maybe 5mm to be safe

the Cannondale Stems are proprietary and quite oversize - you should be able to fit a GPS neatly on top of that stem - very common.

If you're in CT, let me know. I have 3 different K-Edge mounts you can try to find that works for you before you pull the trigger.

EDIT: these three 

Thanks Iwan.

If you could be so kind as to measure the width of the clamp band that will tell if it's a go no go solution .