Rouvy - worth the bother for virtual rides?

mecheng89

I’m still procrastinating about getting a new laptop that can handle it, so still using the older normal options.... which tbh is fine for me seeing I hardly watch the rouvey Screen other than to see the stats

So far I have only used it to follow workouts given to me via Training peaks, works well, Riding the routes feel super hard, just not sure if its all the short routes with lots of climbing I have chosen, considering getting a ANT stick and cheap 32" TV to do the whole Paincave thing.

I started using Rouvy with my laptop and an ANT+ stick.  It's quite a powerful machine but a business model so no fancy GPU.  It struggled to keep up.  I've switched to my Samsung phone and that runs flawlessly (and has ANT+ built in).  I have a simple tripod with a phone mount on top to hold the phone in front of the bike.  I'm looking to eventually get a Sammy tablet as it seems to be the best option.  

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The AR function is still far from a Zwift alternative, but is still in a Beta state.

On a side-note: Who is MeatyHead on Rouvy? Looks like he is a Saffa, owns 60% of the track records and averages 4.5 W/kg on 3 hour rides..

I would also like to know who MeatyHead is.  He/she's flying the Saffa flag high.

I have created a route that we ride from Boksburg, Bruma, sylvia's pass, sovereign str and back but has not made it Public.

How do you make it public?  I would be keen on that route... even though it's just outside my front door. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Slight highjack : Who here would be keen on a Flat race(groupride) on Rouvy, some evening, lets say around 7pm ish and something flat like Canyondale.

PM me and we could set-up something.

Slight highjack : Who here would be keen on a Flat race(groupride) on Rouvy, some evening, lets say around 7pm ish and something flat like Canyondale.

PM me and we could set-up something.

How far is that canyondale ride.... Phehw think i'll die if i have to race anything at the moment but if its not to long i'd be willing to take part... been a few years since we did some of these online races

There used to be a dedicated thread somewhere buried in the Events forum...

I think Canyondale is 17km but pretty flat, I think 340m elevation gain.

How far is that canyondale ride.... Phehw think i'll die if i have to race anything at the moment but if its not to long i'd be willing to take part... been a few years since we did some of these online races

There used to be a dedicated thread somewhere buried in the Events forum...

when you publish via the editor, you have an option to make it available to public.

How do you make it public?  I would be keen on that route... even though it's just outside my front door. 

I think Canyondale is 17km but pretty flat, I think 340m elevation gain.

Ok i should survive, think i might have done it already.

Will try ride this week

Let us know when you have the race set up  :eek:  :thumbup:

Good morning Guys, I have created an online race tomorrow evening, 19:00 - Canyonville(rouvy) very flat.

Please go and download the route first, please invite an many as possible - smart trainers only, this will be more of a group ride than a race.

do you know how to enable this?

I would be keen to join a 'group' ride a few evenings. Also a nice to have would be Teamspeak just to help dictate pace a bit.

Good morning Guys, I have created an online race tomorrow evening, 19:00 - Canyonville(rouvy) very flat.

Please go and download the route first, please invite an many as possible - smart trainers only, this will be more of a group ride than a race.

I've registered, hopefully I have my bike again tomorrow.