DU bushing for R350???

Grantpayne

I have a Giant trance x2 201 that has some vertical play in the back... figured out it is the DU bushing... LBS wants R350 for a new bushing

I have a Giant trance x2 201 that has some vertical play in the back... figured out it is the DU bushing... LBS wants R350 for a new bushing

for A set maybe but on their own , nara fook

Is this LBS in the CBD by any chance?

Sure that it is not for the complete hardware set for that end of the shock?  Price sounds right for the new Fox hardware which does not use a DU bushing.

That's actually not a bad price for the IGUS set. Sadly enough.

Unfortunately unless you know a tame machinist those IGUS sets are about your only option...

so i booked the bike in for first thing this morning... took it in after confirming they had the right DU bushing for a 2010 trance x2. “nope we don’t have that old style will have to see if we can get something else to work” - what a waste of time! any ideas where i can buy the DU bushing from elsewhere and install myself?

so i booked the bike in for first thing this morning... took it in after confirming they had the right DU bushing for a 2010 trance x2. “nope we don’t have that old style will have to see if we can get something else to work” - what a waste of time! any ideas where i can buy the DU bushing from elsewhere and install myself?

go to stoke suspension. i struggled a bit without the press

Do you just need the eyelet replaced?

this thing:

post-6552-0-21019900-1523608247_thumb.jpg

If its the eyelet hardware for a fox rear shock, do yourself a favor and bring it in yourself, waited on omnico for 4 months before giving up.

I used these guys

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/collections/rear-shock-parts/fox

R199.00 for aramex global shopper shipping and they were here in 10 days from the states.

Cost me R550 with shipping for both eyelets.

I'd only recommend this if you know what size mounting hardware you need.

I may be wrong but I highly doubt Fox or Rock Shox have their DU bushes manufactured to a unique size.

DU bushes are available from places like bearing man in a wide range of standard sizes for very little money. You can probably pick them up for less that R30 each from bearing man.

that’s what i figured? i’m going to let the shop

do it once at R500 including labor.. then i will take the old one to bearing places to try find an exact replacement.

yes that’s all i need...

Maybe. If the reducer is worn you'll need a whole new kit, in which case you're stuck with the IGUS set.

If you've caught it in time you can replace the DU bush for 60 bucks. I've got them coming out of my ears.

Archived