Welded shut pedestrian gate: what action and who to contact?

ByronH

Come now. Lets have a look at the fence in question shall we?

post-41779-0-81434300-1523881269.jpg

The only criminal that fence will keep out is Muttley

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/muttley.jpg

This fence is basically a separation between Sandton Drive and the side street/cul de sac (Woodside Ave). No owner........me thinks this has been put of by the council.........or JRA.

This fence is basically a separation between Sandton Drive and the side street/cul de sac (Woodside Ave). No owner........me thinks this has been put of by the council.........or JRA.

But welded shut by ????.

Me thinks an ankle grinder is called for...

I had a quick look at the compilation and diagrams for that area. Sandton Drive is located on ERF 6, and further down the road this ERF borders on Woodside, there is a servitude accross Portion 9 which is the triangle area in the gap where sandton and woodside diverge, but no where does it say right of access. My 2c is that I am not sure who put a fence up there anyway, because ERF 6 will be owned by municipality or roads or whatever governing body and it has access to woodside. But my guess is that is was done for security and you can understand both sides.

The compilation is IR1A21B available from csg website...post-57821-0-09512200-1523946330_thumb.jpg

I would contact my local councilor (it is after all what they are paid for). If it is the council then any action by you in removing it could be problematic. If it was one of the residents then it could be problematic for them.  

I had a quick look at the compilation and diagrams for that area. Sandton Drive is located on ERF 6, and further down the road this ERF borders on Woodside, there is a servitude accross Portion 9 which is the triangle area in the gap where sandton and woodside diverge, but no where does it say right of access. My 2c is that I am not sure who put a fence up there anyway, because ERF 6 will be owned by municipality or roads or whatever governing body and it has access to woodside. But my guess is that is was done for security and you can understand both sides.

The compilation is IR1A21B available from csg website...attachicon.gifIR1A21B-trim.jpg

You can get that specific servitude diagram as well- it might shed some light on what the exact purpose of the servitude is. If that does not help you will have to get a copy of the title deed and/or the servitude deed to establish exactly what the servitude was registered for.

Archived