MiWay Ultra JHB

ScottCM

This is great news, as I am starting to wean myself of IM70.3 that is just to much costs ito travel etc. Now I fall out of bed into Transition. Just not sure how they gonna carve up the route-if we go off to the Satellite station route it might get tricky. But all good and its gonna be a fine-well done to Damian and his team!  

Trirock tried aN I enjoyed the event so this should be good.

What bout midlands now?

"Sadly, this new Joburg Ultra Triathlon replaces the Midlands Ultra at Midmar Dam in the KZN Midlands, which was the birth place for the National Ultra Triathlon Series back in 2009".

Trirock tried aN I enjoyed the event so this should be good.

What bout midlands now?

In the post it explains that Midlands has been cancelled as there is no shoulder lane for the cycle leg, which is a major safety concern. 

Sorry - see David beat me to it. 

Who is keen on this? Not sure yet from my end. 

So what would be the cycle route, 3 laps of the cradle?

I'd guess 2 laps including the caves detour (almost exactly 45km per loop that way)

I'd guess 2 laps including the caves detour (almost exactly 45km per loop that way)

Read on a Facebook feed that it is 2 laps of 45kms and the run will also be on the cradle roads

Eish, dissapointed that Midland Ultra is no more, Midmar is a great venue (acknowledging that mist can be a factor & safety is paramount especially cyclists). Might make sense to move Durban Ultra to Midlands in March considering the sea/surf conditions in March.

Or maybe Glen Gore’s TriathlonPlus will fill the gap, they put on an excellent event for KZN Champs in January as well as the 226 event in March, and are hosting the KZN Duathlon Champs at Midmar in May.

edit: but glad for you gauties that you’re getting another quality event ????

Pity cos the midlands event was a tester....loads of elevation and when hot it was stifling hot and sapping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah 377m in 21km ain't a walk in the park, the bike also has the same amount of elevation change as PE but in half the distance, sure is going to be a good test. Guess my loafing is about to come to an end soon. 

Archived