Sounds like Tom has been a bad boy!!!

101%

Excellent, hope hat you have good weather. We have been doing some serious nightriding to Malmesbury of late. Trying to get some training rides in for the Rockies. i will be in Austria next week riding a 164km road race called the Drei Eiland Giro. It is our company sponsored race.

Holy Roller just mentioned that beer of theirs in Belgium.

HOEGAARTEN. it is a "WHITE BEER" no racist pun. Have a few of those for me, they do it in a 640ml bottle. What a great way to finish a training ride with a large ice cold  Hoegaarten they are near impossible to get in CApe TOWN, one or 2 places in JHB do have it.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

talking of godiva here's a joke: what's the difference between lady godiva and looking for a golf ball?

one's a hunt of a course.

HR, not being picky, but I think "hunt oN a course" would make more sense? 

i think the coke traces comes from taking POT BELG, its a concoction off various stimulants all named in above metioned mails.Willie Voet also mentions it in his Book.

Re. Belguim sweets: Cote dior sjokkelade , rijs-tartjies, fritte met soete mayonaise, kasteel bier 12%, grimbergen trapiest ook heel lekker.

w

Excellent' date=' hope hat you have good weather. We have been doing some serious nightriding to Malmesbury of late. Trying to get some training rides in for the Rockies. i will be in Austria next week riding a 164km road race called the Drei Eiland Giro. It is our company sponsored race.

[/quote'] Enjoy it! Sounds like some pressure on me to do the 165km rather than the 110km route at the GF Eddy Merckx on Saturday?! Too much climbing at 4000m, so I will do the 110k. Belgium is NOT flat

If the test is positive then Boonen is history for 2 years' date=' plus the potential ethical ban of a further 2 years (although he could go to Liquigas). 
[/quote']

The protour is history so the "extra" two years don't really matter.

If i had to train like those guys, i'd also take Bolivian Marching Powder. Just float up the hills...

i think the coke traces comes from taking POT BELG' date=' its a concoction off various stimulants all named in above metioned mails.Willie Voet also mentions it in his Book.

[/quote']

Nobody does that stuff anymore, its much to easy to detect. If Boonen did cocaine its probably recreational like Ullrich (and that women tennis player, I've forgotten which one as I'm not much into tennis)

Dis grote prijs= G.P Eddy Mercks G.F is seker Grand fondo en siende dat die itliaaners op hulle moer gekry gisteraand in die E.M 2008 voetbal kompetitsie het deur jou nou mede landgenote beter jiy die lingo verander...lol N heel mooie koers geniet dit...

Martina Hingis the tennis star that got done,she is better off riding her horses...

talking of godiva here's a joke: what's the difference between lady godiva and looking for a golf ball?

one's a hunt of a course.

HR' date=' not being picky, but I think "hunt oN a course" would make more sense? 
[/quote']

hehe! my bad! you're right.

agent orenge, there was a company called nmk schutlz that imported that beer, they could give you the names of some outlets.

Maybee they dont use it anymore, the pros that is, but hell i dont know so much about the vets and elite zonder contract, there was a few in my days that was suspect standing at the line and the jaw jitters and it was in 25 deg. weather.... stuff dont really work in the heat ...you de hydrate very fast...so i was told lol.

vulgar2008-06-10 02:44:26

Guest colonel

why would they have tested him for cocaine in any case instead of the true performance enhancing stuff like EPO' date='  steroids or testosterone?

i am sure they dont just draw blood and test for about 100 substances with cocaine being one of them?

to what performance enhancing benefit is cocaine in any case?  does it mask the pain?

just find it strange for someone to do an out of competition test and then test for cocaine that i am sure does not stay in our body long enough to have any affect come race day.

[/quote']

It stays in your system up to 5-7 days.

Guest colonel
belgians other great achievements:

Tintin' date=' chips, waffles... and again BEER!!
[/quote']

Dont forget Stefan Everts bud or Joel Smets or even Steve Ramon

Guest colonel
Martina Hingis the tennis star that got done' date='she is better off riding her horses...

[/quote']

Her tests came back negative after more testing.

why would they have tested him for cocaine in any case instead of the true performance enhancing stuff like EPO' date='  steroids or testosterone?

i am sure they dont just draw blood and test for about 100 substances with cocaine being one of them?

to what performance enhancing benefit is cocaine in any case?  does it mask the pain?

just find it strange for someone to do an out of competition test and then test for cocaine that i am sure does not stay in our body long enough to have any affect come race day.

[/quote']

It stays in your system up to 5-7 days.

?and the benefit (if it wasn't recreational) would be gained by being able to train harder under the influence of the powder!

You guys are fast to jump to conclusions... let's wait for some more info...

Some add news:

Boonen hoeft in principe niet meteen voor een sportieve schorsing te vrezen. Het gebruik van coca?ne buiten competitie is immers niet strafbaar voor wielrenners Strafrechterlijk kan Boonen natuurlijk vervolgd worden.

I can only assume he struggled with his superstar status and cocaine is then an easy way out...

Oh and lock up your children next time I go cycling with any of you Wink

Hoegaarden is my favorite too...