Good Day Bike Hubbers

So I entered teh The Karoo 2 Coast. This year was my first year that I rode the CTCT and fortunately or unfortunately I started to enjoy the long distance races. 

But now I have a huge dilemma. I need a training plan for the Karoo 2 Coast because at this moment it feels like I am not doing anything right. 

Please if any of you have at least a week's training programme and what else I can do to prepare for the Karoo 2 Coast I will appreciate it greatly! Even if you could recommend what I can do extra for the preparation, like Crossfit or Pilates it will help.

Lastly will it be good for me to do races like 'Around the Pot' and 'Cederberg Tip Trans' in preparation for the Karoo 2 Coast?

Thanks alot

Lastly will it be good for me to do races like 'Around the Pot' and 'Cederberg Tip Trans' in preparation for the Karoo 2 Coast?

Any race you do is good preparation  ^_^  But 1 thing that I will mention is that with K2C you spend a lot of time climbing (and then quick descends) with not that much flat bits inbetween. Tip Trans & Round the Pot have different type of profiles.

Try to find some long hills (doesn't have to be steep) and get used to climbing for long periods - I think something like Bains Kloof near you would be a good climb to practice on.

Enjoy!

Good to hear I am not the only 1 doing this for the first time but sounds like you are already in better shape than me my average ride about 50km and 1000m elevation. Have done longer 75km with 1300m and still felt good. It obviously depends on what your aim is for the race I would just like to finish it cumfortably.

Did the Malmesbury 100miler 2 years ago and thought I was going to die but that was with no training and getting the entry 3 days before the race.

I think 1 of the most important things is going to be eating correctly the day before and eating enough and correctly in the ride not to burn out.

Have a look here in the hub as there has been good advice given this time each year.

It is a great race, and the best preparation for it is to ride your bike. Preferably up long steady climbs and if you want to do more, strengthening your core will pay dividends.

K2C is not that hectic.

You will be fine.

Around the pot 60mile will be same as k2c.

Edited by Boerklong