[Event] Dirtopia All Mountain Enduro

Dirtopia MTB Events

Event Name: Dirtopia All Mountain Enduro
When: 11 November 2018
Where: Delvera Farm, Western Cape
Category: Enduro

The Simonsberg Trail system that is managed by Dirtopia have had continuous trail work done, and one of the special trail networks to ride. We will start at Delvera and move across to the Simonsberg Trails for a fun day out on the single track.

Go to Event Page

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long does an event like this take, wip a normal race its easy to estimate I'll be out for 3 or 4 hours ridding, but never done an enduro and keen to try.

I know it greatly depends on how many racers, but is it a couple hours thing or book out a hole day thing?

Thanks.

How long does an event like this take, wip a normal race its easy to estimate I'll be out for 3 or 4 hours ridding, but never done an enduro and keen to try.

I know it greatly depends on how many racers, but is it a couple hours thing or book out a hole day thing?

Thanks.

it takes a while. at least half A day. Should finish riding by lunchtime.

Looking forward to this, i missed most of the EWC either coz of being out the country or event clash, i think this is the last for the year too...

Hoping to bring some Enduro Newbs to join

ugh..wish I could have my silly bike build done for this. keen to try one out. guess only 2019 for me. Also need to make some friends in this discipline so I can go on some bro'duros :lol: . the wife is always up for getting down and dirty being a plaas meisie and all but i like going fast and she likes looking at the scenery...

Edited by morneS555

ugh..wish I could have my silly bike build done for this. keen to try one out. guess only 2019 for me. Also need to make some friends in this discipline so I can go on some bro'duros :lol: . the wife is always up for getting down and dirty being a plaas meisie and all but i like going fast and she likes looking at the scenery...

What size are you i can lend you one, or if you wouldn't want to dirtopia do hire out rides

What size are you i can lend you one, or if you wouldn't want to dirtopia do hire out rides

awesome gesture thanks Meezo. you guys rock. I'm 6'5" (83kg) though :blink:? rather than make you regret lending me something you could be sentimental about i'll hear what they have on offer in terms of rentals. I appreciate the offer. you are a better person than me lol. I wouldn't :blush:

awesome gesture thanks Meezo. you guys rock. I'm 6'5" (83kg) though :blink:? rather than make you regret lending me something you could be sentimental about i'll hear what they have on offer in terms of rentals. I appreciate the offer. you are a better person than me lol. I wouldn't :blush:

Yeh probably very veru very alot bigger for my mini statue, it's a medium I'm only 1690mm tall

I have not ridden these trails for a very long time. I know Delvera has some rocks but Simonsberg mostly not right? I don't want to completely bust my rather lightweight current wheels which tends to happen when chasing the clock. 

Can anyone give feedback?

I have not ridden these trails for a very long time. I know Delvera has some rocks but Simonsberg mostly not right? I don't want to completely bust my rather lightweight current wheels which tends to happen when chasing the clock.

Can anyone give feedback?

No its relatively smooth, flow trails. One or two rocky bits on never say neverending again, but other than that, it's fast and dusty.

No its relatively smooth, flow trails. One or two rocky bits on never say neverending again, but other than that, it's fast and dusty.

Gaan jy ry? Ek gaan n plan probeer maak. 

Really considering this one, sounds like a good first and they may not be doing Enduros next year, I saw on FB only 14 people entered for the previous one so it was cancelled and understandably they do need reasonable interest to seriously plan them in for the new year.

Would suck for all us beginners wanting to try it out, does sound like Enduro in general has a good social vibe between the racing segments, and well with my cycling experience dropping off 6ft boulders probably not a good idea (exaggeration for funzies).

Thanks.

It's ENTIRELY dependent on how fast you climb the hill to the top of the first stage. If you can get there early then 3 to 4 hours you will do it no problem.

However...do not underestimate the fitness of the enduro folk.

It's ENTIRELY dependent on how fast you climb the hill to the top of the first stage. If you can get there early then 3 to 4 hours you will do it no problem.

However...do not underestimate the fitness of the enduro folk.

i saw my gat thinking they'll all be vetties and unfitties on my first one