[Event] Garmin MTB Classic

mecheng89

Looking at entering the 55km race. Any chance we could get a route map or guide? I haven't ridden BRB yet and would like to get an idea of elevation and technicality.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume it will be similar to the USN race there (although that was only a 50km) so this should give you an idea: https://www.strava.com/activities/1626426061

Not technical at all imo, a few drops, one or two short steep climbs, a few bermed corners and one or two curvy bits between trees are about the extent of the "technical" bits that I can remember.

Thanks man. Seems like the route is a little more entertaining than th Winter Fast One route, which was a lot of straight shot pedalling.

My wife surprised the hell out of me and said she wanted to enter the 10km with my daughter in the carrier, so it seems I'm buying two tickets!

Unfortunately I'm out of country for the week and a half before the race again, but hey, just adds to the challenge!

Thanks man. Seems like the route is a little more entertaining than th Winter Fast One route, which was a lot of straight shot pedalling.

My wife surprised the hell out of me and said she wanted to enter the 10km with my daughter in the carrier, so it seems I'm buying two tickets!

Unfortunately I'm out of country for the week and a half before the race again, but hey, just adds to the challenge!

You got yourself a keeper there!

• 2 weeks later...

Jusg registered for the 55km. I'll see you all there. I think I'm going to take a beating as it'll be my first trio to BRB and he furthest I've ever ridden by 15km.

Jusg registered for the 55km. I'll see you all there. I think I'm going to take a beating as it'll be my first trio to BRB and he furthest I've ever ridden by 15km.

wha??

I've done several 60's before and even I only entered the 30km after a stump of the flu. Not here to tell you what to do, but look after your heart hey. You could finish the 50 perhaps but at what cost?

Either way, good luck!

We aren't going to win, we're just going to finish. I did the winter fast one 40km in 2h23 wiyhout murdering myself or being too stiff the next day, and I've done some training in the meantime.

The only thing really worrying me is the fact that I travelled the last week. Going to do some longer interval training rides tomorrow and Thursday and hope for the best!

Any info available on water point locations/distances?