• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no complaints at all, regarding Arteta’s performances... COYS

North London is Lilywhite :clap: :clap:

Edited by RoddieJ

Great result for spurs. Made a few quid on each game today.

Hope Liverpool extend my run.

I made back what I lost yesterday lol... I’ve gone for Wolves to get a draw tonight... Now wouldn’t that just be swell... 4.25 for a draw

Good to see fans back at games, albeit limited. 

Not heard anything for Saints games so i suspect its season ticket holders only that get the option. Lad an i decided that we will attend more local games (guildford City) and go big and only go to 1 game but include a hospitality package Covid dependent at St Marys. Not sure it will happen this season though. 

Scrappy game last night. Frustrating as all hell but will take the points and loot. Saints were at 3.2 to one earlier in the week. Them odds were irresistible.

I am really fed up with our performances but this one hurts

Dullest Arsenal team I can ever recall... barely a creative player on the pitch. And I watched George Graham teams...

Makes great watching though as a Spurs fan  :devil: 

Arteta started well, but there is zero balance to the squad and the potent strikers get nothing to work with... and Mesut Ozil doesn't have a squad number 

Scrappy game last night. Frustrating as all hell but will take the points and loot. Saints were at 3.2 to one earlier in the week. Them odds were irresistible.

Also wasn't complaining about the questionable penalty... got this, plus all the 5 fold bets under it. R100 magically turned into R3000 :thumbup: 

I haven't bet in weeks because the results have just been so crazy, but I'd hoped the fans coming back would bring a bit more normality...

post-3544-0-15030600-1607413815_thumb.jpg

Also wasn't complaining about the questionable penalty... got this, plus all the 5 fold bets under it. R100 magically turned into R3000 :thumbup:

I haven't bet in weeks because the results have just been so crazy, but I'd hoped the fans coming back would bring a bit more normality...

attachicon.gifBet slip.jpg

Great win :thumbs:

You got mighty lucky with the Leicester win as well huh... lol

Dullest Arsenal team I can ever recall... barely a creative player on the pitch. And I watched George Graham teams...

Makes great watching though as a Spurs fan  :devil: 

Arteta started well, but there is zero balance to the squad and the potent strikers get nothing to work with... and Mesut Ozil doesn't have a squad number 

I honestly believe Ozil is a huge part of the problem. Not because he isn't in the squad but because he is still in the dressing room. A player that cost 42mil 8 years ago and is currently on 350K a week should be doing more. here are his stats for the last three season as a No. 10;

17/18 played 35 games scored 5 goals 

18/19 played 35 games scored 6 goals 

19/20 played 23 games scored 1 goal

You then have players like Saka and Rowe-Smith on 3K a week and they have done more for the team. 

Because of Covid the whole team bar Ozil and one other took pay cuts. He then trolls social media and constantly undermines the hierarchy and coach. Openly states he'll rather collect his 350k paycheck than go play football elsewhere for less money. The man is toxic and until he leaves in the UK summer we won't be able to start the healing process. There is a reason the last three managers haven't relied on him like Wenger did and to be honest IMHO i think Wenger would have stayed longer and had better performances from the team if he canned Ozil years ago. 

17/18 played 35 games scored 5 goals 

18/19 played 35 games scored 6 goals 

19/20 played 23 games scored 1 goal

As a No. 10 you need to create and for the last three seasons this is what he created

17/18 played 35 games scored 8 assists 

18/19 played 35 games scored 2 assists

19/20 played 23 games scored 2 assists

Like i said, he isn't the answer but rather the crippling venom running through the veins of my beloved team.

Leicester did hit the post a few times as well, but yeah, for sure... you win some, you lose some, that's why it's called betting. I've done very well the last year though. About R30k in the positive from a net R1500 investment. 

It goes the other way often enough too... (see below)

If you watched this last game, Redbull beat Atletico with a deflected shot in the 88th minute... and even scarier, I didn't want the draw before the game even at a R6k win, an Atletico win was worth far more to me from other spreads that had rolled on.

post-3544-0-13744200-1607415785_thumb.jpg

I had leicester as my banker for the weekend. Everything revolved around that game. They made me sweat a lil. 

As a No. 10 you need to create and for the last three seasons this is what he created

17/18 played 35 games scored 8 assists 

18/19 played 35 games scored 2 assists

19/20 played 23 games scored 2 assists

Like i said, he isn't the answer but rather the crippling venom running through the veins of my beloved team.

I don't know the in's and out's there... but if he's such an issue, keep him away from the squad completely and remove any influence. 

On the other hand, I don't think he's become a bad footballer overnight, he was top ten in the world easily at a time - it's a managers job to get that player back. It might not be easy, it might not be fun, but it's why they are paid the big money. 

Top footballers these days are stupidly wealthy, they all have their baggage I am pretty sure - make it work though. If Harry Redknapp was still managing, he would have grabbed Ozil, pulled him into his team, made him feel loved, milked his talents and seen his side reap the rewards. 

And Ozil aside... what was Arteta's plan to create goals in this team? There doesn't seem to be one from where I am standing.