Football

IceCreamMan

That's a bit like sitting on an indoor trainer while all your mates are going racing :D

Ja lol well I think beggers can't be choosers hey. If they want to earn a wage as a footballer and aren't good enough to start you have to take what you can get ha ha.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja lol well I think beggers can't be choosers hey. If they want to earn a wage as a footballer and aren't good enough to start you have to take what you can get ha ha.

It's a bit rough. Start the game and buy a Veyron, or sit on the bench and buy a Ferrari.

I don't understand a keepers mentality of sitting on the bench every week hoping that the number one gets an injury. If he's desperate to play then go down a division. On the other hand earned several tens of thousand Pound a week  getting splinters isn't such a bad job.

I think being 3rd goalkeeper for a premier league club must be one of cushiest football jobs around for the old guys. You are usually to old to play competitively anyway, you are paid big bucks to show up for training but never expected to play,travel around Europe and have front row seats for every game. You can even pick up a winners medal or 2 without playing if the coach likes you enough.

Guys, okay...

I hear all the murmuring about goalkeepers being on the bench, or waiting and being prepared to play when Number 1 gets injured and so forth...

Now spare a thought for Sergio Romero, who gets ManU to the semifinal of the Europa League, and the coach selects De Gea for the game, who then conceded two... (Romero has kept more clean sheets than De Gea over the past two seasons)...

Apparently, even Yeovil have turned downed the offer to sign De Gea, lol... (of course this is tongue-in-cheek)

123eff6980e3bfdfc94bf245f83101ff.jpg

Edited by RoddieJ

Guys, okay...

I hear all the murmuring about goalkeepers being on the bench, or waiting and being prepared to play when Number 1 gets injured and so forth...

Now spare a thought for Sergio Romero, who gets ManU to the semifinal of the Europa League, and the coach selects De Gea for the game, who then conceded two... (Romero has kept more clean sheets than De Gea over the past two seasons)...

Apparently, even Yeovil have turned downed the offer to sign De Gea, lol... (of course this is tongue-in-cheek)

[emoji17]

Cause it's a slow news day

FabrizioRomano on twitter

Pedro has just landed in Roma. Contract signed until June 2023. Confirmed and official soon. [emoji929][emoji633] @SkySport #transfers #Pedro #Roma #CFC

This is a good signing for Roma as he will provide a lot of experience within the team and provide that linkup with young Zaniolo.

Edited by Gen

Guys, okay...

I hope Sergio is a better keeper than a driver

0_PAY-ECE_7_SERGIO_ROMERO_CRASH.jpg

I hope Sergio is a better keeper than a driver

Not many ‘keepers who can stop a runaway Lamborghini [emoji23]

I think this will happen

Until there is a complete overhaul at the top (directors president etc) I dont think any coach will be able to really make a long term difference..that's just what I have read between the lines..

Koeman did a good job for us, but his departure after being lured by money and fame left a sour taste. 

He was also not a "peoples" coach if that makes sense. I think Barca will want a peoples coach. 

Plus , he was crap at everton.

Koeman did a good job for us, but his departure after being lured by money and fame left a sour taste.

He was also not a "peoples" coach if that makes sense. I think Barca will want a peoples coach.

Plus , he was crap at everton.

The problems at Barca runs a lot deeper than the players or coaching staff.

Official: The Friedkin Group are the new owners of #ASRoma [emoji191] https://t.co/AAiHauYxTO

I really really hope this is the start of a beautiful partnership for Roma..

Edited by Gen