Football

IceCreamMan

Great game last night. Arsenal were outplayed everywhere and big Haaland is a treasure. 

his speed for such a lad is astonishing. That one incident where he was brought down just highlighted how fast he moves. That incident that would have been a penalty but a player was offsides earlier in the move is the specific incident I am referring to. 

Has matched the city total premiership goals for a season and we only 23 games in. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Great game last night. Arsenal were outplayed everywhere and big Haaland is a treasure. 

his speed for such a lad is astonishing. That one incident where he was brought down just highlighted how fast he moves. That incident that would have been a penalty but a player was offsides earlier in the move is the specific incident I am referring to. 

Has matched the city total premiership goals for a season and we only 23 games in. 

I read somewhere that this season Haaland is expected to score the equivalent of the whole of Manchester’s previous season’s combined goals…. 🤔(tic)

55 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

I read somewhere that this season Haaland is expected to score the equivalent of the whole of Manchester’s previous season’s combined goals…. 🤔(tic)

Seems like a proper mensch too, also judging by the friendly on-field bants between himself and Odegaard and Gabriel.

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

2 most famous footballers in USA. And I am in the terraces  not been in terraces since 1985 

BD1E6EA2-8DE7-489D-8EB5-277834679A9D.jpeg

All the while, Saints are causing havoc at Stamford Bridge… 🍻

14 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

Keeping track of that. Get potter fired hire him Monday 

1 hour ago, RoddieJ said:

Bookmakers had an awesome day in EPL today…. Chelsea lost; City draw; Everton won; Bournemouth and Fulham won…. All against the odds

If you had picked that woulda been 500 to 1 

3 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

Love it.  Chelski spent more than all the clubs in German and Spanish and Italian top leagues combined spending, still can’t buy a goal.  Brilliant job Saints, and Ward-Prowse.

Edited by justinafrika

On 2/18/2023 at 8:23 PM, justinafrika said:

Love it.  Chelski spent more than all the clubs in German and Spanish and Italian top leagues combined spending, still can’t buy a goal.  Brilliant job Saints, and Ward-Prowse.

We all suspected city were bending the rules, and it appears they were. Now Chelsea we also suspect they are, surely they must be. 

I think Wrexham are also bending the rules a bit. They are paying league one wages I reckon. 

but the game on Saturday was pure enjoyment. Loved the terrace experience, loved the vibe and it was a sell out at 4600 odd with Wrexham brining 1131 of them. The following they have is incredible. Aldershot have no real prospect of promotion or playoffs and won’t be relegated so happy to see Wrexham score a last minute winner. 

the crowd were incredible. One of the best footy experiences of my life. Proper working class folks having a Saturday afternoon pint, banter and football. Will be going to more games there. 

On the subject of financial rules… “Where there’s smoke…” rings a bell.

Even if it seems Chelsea have gone the route of longer term, creative contracts, it just looks unsustainable to the mainstream. So it will have to be tested.

If they survive relegation that is… 😂😂

1 hour ago, RoddieJ said:

On the subject of financial rules… “Where there’s smoke…” rings a bell.

Even if it seems Chelsea have gone the route of longer term, creative contracts, it just looks unsustainable to the mainstream. So it will have to be tested.

If they survive relegation that is… 😂😂

Agree…it’s going to bite them in the long run for sure. At some point it surely must. Like buying a car over 20 years when its lifespan is 8 years. 

3 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

We all suspected city were bending the rules, and it appears they were. Now Chelsea we also suspect they are, surely they must be. 

I think Wrexham are also bending the rules a bit. They are paying league one wages I reckon. 

but the game on Saturday was pure enjoyment. Loved the terrace experience, loved the vibe and it was a sell out at 4600 odd with Wrexham brining 1131 of them. The following they have is incredible. Aldershot have no real prospect of promotion or playoffs and won’t be relegated so happy to see Wrexham score a last minute winner. 

the crowd were incredible. One of the best footy experiences of my life. Proper working class folks having a Saturday afternoon pint, banter and football. Will be going to more games there. 

Sounds absolutely brilliant.  I played for a league winning amateur club decades ago. I was still crap though, like every current South African footballer.  I stopped going to matches or even watching any local football years ago.  Doesn’t even look like footie, more like slow ping pong. The man-of-the-match in a recent Soweto derby ran a measly 7.4km.  Just pathetic.  They hardly seem to try much and are more interested in showboating.

Our last footballer ranked in the top 2 500 by value was Steven Pienaar in 2011.  Thankfully, we're able to see any and every EPL match.  At least going to the cricket is still fun.

Edited by justinafrika

1 hour ago, justinafrika said:

Sounds absolutely brilliant.  I played for a league winning amateur club decades ago. I was still crap though, like every current South African footballer.  I stopped going to matches or even watching any local football years ago.  Doesn’t even look like footie, more like slow ping pong. The man-of-the-match in a recent Soweto derby ran a measly 7.4km.  Just pathetic.  They hardly seem to try much and are more interested in showboating.

Our last footballer ranked in the top 2 500 by value was Steven Pienaar in 2011.  Thankfully, we're able to see any and every EPL match.  At least going to the cricket is still fun.

Well, funny enough, while watching the game I thought to myself either side could probably beat the like of chiefs or pirates. The ball skills are insanely good. Ball skills over the last 3 decades have become incredible. Players are just so damn good at controlling the ball it blows my mind. 

I used to go to PSL games, amazulu supporter and whenever they played soccer city, birds or wits etc I would venture out there. I just like the whole football vibe.  And it was cheap. I think the last game I watched cost me 60 ront which was a chiefs amazulu game. Saturdays national league game was 18 quid, premiership games around 50 and Guildford city which is 9th tier around 8. 

when I lived here in the 80s a division one game was 2.75 to 3 quid for a terrace ticket. Hope terraces come back, I know saints looking at a model.