Football

IceCreamMan

On 2/20/2023 at 2:28 PM, IceCreamMan said:

Ball skills over the last 3 decades have become incredible. Players are just so damn good at controlling the ball it blows my mind. 

… even when they’re at full tilt.  I’m frequently astonished at how good at this pro footballers across UK leagues (evident in earlier-round cup ties) have become.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

RIP

A voice we grew up with 

If you ever played the FIFA games you would know his voice. I enjoyed his commentary. Always well versed on the players and game. 

my lads used to play FIFA ceaselessly, used to be woken up on weekends to his voice blaring over the PlayStation. 

18 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

John Motson passed earlier today. 

My Mom told me (today) that his father, and my Granddad, were in the same church. They would travel to SA together when on their “missionary” work.

What a **** show. 

had plum seats. Treated myself to a fine dining experience of falafel and fries topped with sauces and hummus. 

and well…. 

on another note, this VAR thing does not work so well. While I do not dispute the end result of their first penalty it just took forever to reach a decision. 

the Grimsby fans were amazing. Absolutely bonkers. 

image.jpeg.d9b9aa3bff14978ea75379f3f252120a.jpeg

And then there’s undercover footage from Chelsea's training session earlier today:

0 goals in 344 minutes.

0 goals in 10 of the last 15 matches.

Haaland has scored 27 PL goals this season vs Chelsea’s 23.

Ollie Watkins and Ivan Toney have equalled the entire Chelsea squad's number of goals since 1 November 2022 = 6.

Proof that you cannot buy goals.

Edited by justinafrika

Am surprised potter still has a job. However, considering Chelsea paid 22 bar to get him out of Brighton and his entitlement should he be fired maybe not surprised. 

it hasn’t worked for Chelsea. 

🤣  Time the time it took for the Cherries player to get back back to his feet when he went down immediately after extra time started.  I did, 6 mins + his 1 min faking = 7 mins.  Ref got it exactly right.

How that Billing handball wasn’t given is a mystery.  Goalie nowhere close and only Billing’s hands prevented a goal.  Ball heading for an open goal and the last man stops it with his hands.  I’ve seen those given every single time previously.

Edited by justinafrika

1 hour ago, justinafrika said:

🤣  Time the time it took for the Cherries player to get back back to his feet when he went down immediately after extra time started.  I did, 6 mins + his 1 min faking = 7 mins.  Ref got it exactly right.

How that Billing handball wasn’t given is a mystery.  Goalie nowhere close and only Billing’s hands prevented a goal.  I’ve seen those given every single time previously.

Edited by RoddieJ
Duplicate. Sorry

1 minute ago, RoddieJ said:

Didn’t watch the game myself, nor follow commentary…. But the final score keeps my bet alive! Lol

Now I need the next game to draw

image.jpeg.60eccdd260b769c2f5588e2ff66f5998.jpeg

Self-awareness somewhat lacking here.  If only Richarlison bothered to start shooting on target, the £60 mil git couldn’t hit a barn door.  Loads of wild far misses and then sulks and badmouths when he’s dropped.

Edited by justinafrika