Football

IceCreamMan

Utd struggled since 66/67 when Busby last won the league. All subsequent managers were merely not good enough. Atkinson came closest before SAF put the ghost to rest.

Liverpool are the same, living under the ghost of Dalglish (and perhaps Shankly and Paisley too).

Interestingly though, excluding Mourinho and SAF, no manager has recorded more than one league win in the last 14 years. Will Klopp or Pochettino add to the sequence of a new manager winning, or will we see the 4th multiple winner (of the Premier League only - Dalglish is a multiple top division winning manager too but only one EPL.

2017/18 Guardiola

2016/17 Conte

2015/16 Raneiri

2014/15 Mourinho

2013/14 Pelligrini

2012/13 SAF

2011/12 Mancini

2010/11 SAF

2009/10 Ancelotti

2008/09 SAF

2007/08 SAF

2006/07 SAF

2005/06 Mourinho

2004/05 Mourinho

2003/04 Wenger

Left 2003/04 in, so the Gunners on this thread don’t feel left out. Prior to this it was pretty much the SAF/Wenger show, broken up by Dalglish.

That makes it 9 different winning managers in 15 years, compared to only 4 in the first 17 years of the EPL.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a God

Lol

I laughed at my eldest brother...

This is the message I got from him earlier today...

"So glad I’ll somme get drunk glory glory Man United"

So Solskjaer gets the interim job... second half sub

Wonder if he will sub himself on in the 90th min and rescue games[emoji2957] super sub.

But seriously.. a good fit for United ... until they appoint a more experienced manager after the season is done.. he knows the club's identity and man what a awesome humble guy...i may just give a cheer or 2 .

Edited by Gen

Lol

I laughed at my eldest brother...

This is the message I got from him earlier today...

"So glad I’ll somme get drunk glory glory Man United"

It's party time!

Seriously though I'm overjoyed that the shitshow is over, with a club legend like Solskjaer taking charge the mood around the club has lifted immeasurably. It's been so bad that I can't remember the last time I was this excited about anything football related.

I'm so grateful lol

It's party time!

Seriously though I'm overjoyed that the shitshow is over, with a club legend like Solskjaer taking charge the mood around the club has lifted immeasurably. It's been so bad that I can't remember the last time I was this excited about anything football related.

I'm so grateful lol

Yep... he will have the same effect Zidane had at Real and Gattuso at Milan.. if anything he will motivate the players esp those who's natural game is to attack.. .

It's an away derby tbf, but yes completely unacceptable.

The consequences of this could be far reaching, let me explain.

I go with my son to the football 4 or 5 times a season, I always pack some water and a couple of hot dogs as the lad gets hungry and thirsty and he likes to wait til the half time whistle before going down to the food vendors, problem is the queues are long and being y the time I get to the front most of the items are sold out. So we stay in the stadium seats and eat and drink the stuff we bring from home.. additionally water and coke in 500 ml bottles are expensive in the stadium. If they ban bottles in the stadium it will be a big pain in the bum for me and the many that being in thermoflasks and the like , adding expense and hassle as the vendors in stadium will need to pour it into cups or the stewards will stop you,from taking bottles to yr seat.

I hope they catch the **** and punish him severely,

The consequences of this could be far reaching, let me explain.

I go with my son to the football 4 or 5 times a season, I always pack some water and a couple of hot dogs as the lad gets hungry and thirsty and he likes to wait til the half time whistle before going down to the food vendors, problem is the queues are long and being y the time I get to the front most of the items are sold out. So we stay in the stadium seats and eat and drink the stuff we bring from home.. additionally water and coke in 500 ml bottles are expensive in the stadium. If they ban bottles in the stadium it will be a big pain in the bum for me and the many that being in thermoflasks and the like , adding expense and hassle as the vendors in stadium will need to pour it into cups or the stewards will stop you,from taking bottles to yr seat.

I hope they catch the **** and punish him severely,

if you going to old trafford it will be more entertaining standing the the queue for snacks than watching the football 

High bury whe n full is an amazing place....I must go sometime, maybe next time saints play there.

Highbury is closed.