Football

IceCreamMan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoh I donno about that offside call that was very close..that line they usually show would've been handy to see. ..

Well done to The Tottenham[emoji6]

They now have 2 weeks to learn how to defend, else those Ajax youngster will run riot.

And Son misses the next game.

Edited by Gen

Tottenham have 2 weeks to learn how to defend, else those Ajax youngster will run riot.

Never mind Ajax in the semis.... There’s the small matter of a particular Man City in the PL on Saturday.

Tottenham

Never mind Ajax in the semis.... There’s the small matter of a particular Man City in the PL on Saturday.

That is going to be a feisty affair

Yoh I donno about that offside call that was very close..that line they usually show would've been handy to see. ..

Well done to The Tottenham[emoji6]

They now have 2 weeks to learn how to defend, else those Ajax youngster will run riot.

And Son misses the next game.

They did not show the replay here of that, or I missed it while swigging my beer, but it went to VAR without it being shown here. After the celebrations of pep and team I did not see that coming.

Was in a pub with my mate, a through and through yid and he always regales me of stories when he was a young man in the firm... and the shenanigans they used to get up to in the 80’s. Salt of the earth codger.

Don’t think spurs have the beating of Barcelona and reckon we in for a Barca spurs final. Kane should be back then. Sissoko looked in trouble, son out first,leg, Kane will still be out, Ali was ineffective tonight I thought,,,but I still have spurs seeing off Ajax. We wait n see.

What a game, no shame, that’s what football is about,

Edited by IceCreamMan

They did not show the replay here of that, or I missed it while swigging my beer, but it went to VAR without it being shown here. After the celebrations of pep and team I did not see that coming.

Was in a pub with my mate, a through and through yid and he always regales me of stories when he was a young man in the firm... and the shenanigans they used to get up to in the 80’s. Salt of the earth codger.

Don’t think spurs have the beating of Barcelona and reckon we in for a Barca spurs final. Kane should be back then. Sissoko looked in trouble, son out first,leg, Kane will still be out, Ali was ineffective tonight I thought,,,but I still have spurs seeing off Ajax. We wait n see.

What a game, no shame, that’s what football is about,

Damn! I only had 1 opportunity to “like” this thread....

Spurs v Ajax will be interesting as quite a few Spurs players, past and present have come through that famous Ajax Academy... Think Eriksen, Vertongen, Van de Vaart, etc.

VAR is your best friend in one match, and your worst enemy the next... I don’t know if it’s a solution yet...

That Llorente goal I thought was a handball an the angle that looked like it was a handball I can’t recall being shown to the ref. With what the ref had to review he had to give it. Without VAR the result would have gone the other way I reckon.

It’s going to be a regular at all premiership games next season. May as well learn ton live with it. I don’t like it but can see the potential pros of it.

Edited by IceCreamMan

That Llorente goal I thought was a handball an the angle that looked like it was a handball I can’t recall being shown to the ref. With what the ref had to review he had to give it. Without VAR the result would have gone the other way I reckon.

It’s going to be a regular at all premiership games next season. May as well live it.

The Ref originally blew for the Llorente “handball” decision as a goal.

And he called the Sterling “hat trick goal” a goal and then reviewed and changed his decision at the first look...

So that would make the VAR calls pretty even if decided by the Ref.... Anyway, I think VAR is here to stay and we are going to have to live with it. But FIFA would do well to let decisions be announced or explained

When I first started watching I was battling to tell the two teams apart. Who approved Spurs to wear that away colour? It would have been better if they played in white.

The Ref originally blew for the Llorente “handball” decision as a goal.

And he called the Sterling “hat trick goal” a goal and then reviewed and changed his decision at the first look...

So that would make the VAR calls pretty even if decided by the time Ref.... Anyway, I think VAR is here to stay and we are going to have to live with it. But FIFA would do well to let decisions be announced or explained

So you agree. Without var the result would of gone to citeh.

VAR is here to stay an will be used at all premiership games. It’s inevitable I spose they just have to make sure it’s slick.

Fans in stadium don’t see VAR by the way. For them it detracts from the game when delays run into minutes.