Road World Champs 2018 Austria

Shebeen

Great race. Shame the Aussie commentators had nothing to say after the AvdB move went. It was just watching the clock tick down and random guff. Frankly it was all over as soon as the gap appeared then it was just scenery until the finish line. 

God she is so good, if she was dominating the pro' peloton like that you'd never hear the end of it. It seems we've been saying she's had a run of form for so long. The way she just added the pressure and lost everyone to bridge across and then dropped them all was great. Loved Coryn going for the doomed attack over the top she is still one of my fav' racers. TBH I am loving the womens races so much more than the guys for most of the season. I thought La Course this year was the race of the season. The time gaps were telling today.

I know AMP didn't have a team but also I think that (and I'm going to get flamed) she need to rediscover how to win. She is such a fantastic rider but is missing that bit to take it from 'such a consistent finisher' to top step. Let's see how her team is for 2019. 

Blown away by AVV's 7th with a fractured knee. That's tough / strong / crazy / stupid. 

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashleigh was looking really comfortable till 50km. The Dutch team out raced everyone. Most contenders including Ashleigh were marking Annamiek. The Dutch ladies each attacked in turn and put the group under pressure. When Anna vdB took her turn the pelaton let her go. What a mistake. She blew them all away, riding solo for 40km, and accelerating the whole time. There was no one left willing to chase in the pelaton, a;though a few broke through the Dutch ladies setting the pace in front of the peloton, to battle for third.

I wish Ashleigh broke away too with A vdB, but alas... The race was practically over with 36km to go.

When the gaps are that big, do the tactics really count? All the riders outside the medals had the chance to go for it on the final climb, but I think they were all on the limit already.

There's something surreal about the final winner gapping the chasing peleton by 7 minutes during a 40km itt

Happy stripes day [emoji1628][emoji304]

You think Sagan might go early? I think if he has got any chance then its from 50km out..so he can climb at his own pace and hope the teams screw up the tactics.

Will be nice to see someone take on the punchy climbers from far out.

You think Sagan might go early? I think if he has got any chance then its from 50km out..so he can climb at his own pace and hope the teams screw up the tactics.

Will be nice to see someone take on the punchy climbers from far out.

Possibly... all depends on how the peloton race up until 50km to go.

Unlikely that he will win, but hey it is Sagan you never know.

Possibly... all depends on how the peloton race up until 50km to go.

Unlikely that he will win, but hey it is Sagan you never know.

Very little benefit for him to sit in the bunch with all the climbers till that final climb, so hopefully that guarantees that he will try something, even if it is just to entertain us. :)

That final descent is fast, yoh, and not technical, super tucks like Froome is gonna be there for sure. 56t chainring anyone?

but this Eurosport commentary though... I'd say it sucks, but that's doing a disserves to things that suck #bringbackcarltonkirby

As we enter the two hour mark in today's race let's take a look at one of the main favorites ???? #InnsbruckTirol2018

???? @alafpolak ????????

???? Height: 1m73

⏲ Weight: 62kg

???? #Bergen2017 Result: 10th https://t.co/1mDNKODyG6

He is lighter than I thought...I am same height as him..and once upon a time I had that weight..but was like for 2 weeks and never again got that low.

Nice to see Jacques in the break..he has been struggling for form a lot this year so good way to close out a difficult year! Course will also suit him so hope he stays out long.

Commentator:"Willie Smit tweeted why he withdrew from Worlds, saying that it was expected of him to pay for everything himself, accommodation etc, because the South African Cycling Federation didn't have any money"

Commentator 2:"O wow,....."

Supersport:Yep, we gonna cut you off with the Cycil Nurse advert....

:ph34r:  :whistling:  no coincidence that the director goes immediately to that wonderful cecil nurse advert just as the commentary refers to Willie's tweet on why the Saffas are not better represented ... #CSA blood suckers  :nuke:

Archived