LBS Service - CWCYCLES

Transporter

It was early morning so perhaps Giro broadcast hadn't started yet.

Couldn't have been cricket either mind you, especially not if referring to the Proteas. LOL

C'mon boys...today we turn our world cup around. ;)

Exactly, there were 20 stages that could have been rerun and debated. Instead it was cricket highlights the limp flowers game only started at 11h30.

But I now know where I will go for advice if I ever need to make a choice between a GM or Kookaburra bat.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not holding my breath. In the next 4 matches, we might win one against Afghanistan. India, New Zealand and Pakistan are a leap too far on current form. Then I am not even talking of Sri Lanka and Australia. This WC is done before it even started.

One good thing to come from this WC ... we would have likely lost the chokers label.

Not too sure what it'll be replaced with though. LOL

haha, Patch, im so sorry to break it to you guys, do you know that Andre was at The Pro Shop before taking up his position at CWC/CL? He is very much a current golfer... :P

Jokes aside, we were members at the same golf club and played a few league games together, he is a great salesman, customers always come first. I believe he is now the store manager at CWC.

Not a bad guy in general, bit suspect chipping from the rough, but quite a decent dude.

Exactly, there were 20 stages that could have been rerun and debated. Instead it was cricket highlights the limp flowers game only started at 11h30.

But I now know where I will go for advice if I ever need to make a choice between a GM or Kookaburra bat.

haha, Patch, im so sorry to break it to you guys, do you know that Andre was at The Pro Shop before taking up his position at CWC/CL? He is very much a current golfer... :P

Jokes aside, we were members at the same golf club and played a few league games together, he is a great salesman, customers always come first. I believe he is now the store manager at CWC.

Not a bad guy in general, bit suspect chipping from the rough, but quite a decent dude.

Watch their eBike sales sky rocket!

Yeah, I share these sentiments. Am also done with CWC (after being a loyal customer for many years), irrespective of pricing now. Went into shop to buy two items. Was told the one item (a cassette) was only available " online" so I had to buy my bottles at the till and "order" the cassette at the online department.

Walked straight out the door. Will never be back. Never liked CycleLab either.

Yeah, I share these sentiments. Am also done with CWC (after being a loyal customer for many years), irrespective of pricing now. Went into shop to buy two items. Was told the one item (a cassette) was only available " online" so I had to buy my bottles at the till and "order" the cassette at the online department.

Walked straight out the door. Will never be back. Never liked CycleLab either.

Best to phone Evobikes before driving there for any items, as a LOT of the stuff on their website is "online only" ....  

Drove to BikeAddict to pick up something a few weeks back  (decent size round trip ....) .... was "not impressed" to discover that a LOT of their online stuff is NOT available instore .....

So this frustration is certainly not limited to CWC.

I was in sum time ago and asked I think it was Steven (the big guy) I needed a seat clamp for my Spez Allez :ph34r:  and before I could tell him it’s a seat post 27mm he says go to Spez. And believe it or not went to Sportsmans and the chap went on WWW and sold me the correct clamp, also done with CWC :cursing:  (chops)

And I was there two weeks back for a silly item (a SRAM Disc Brake Adapter) that is only available online. 

I asked to see the item before buying it, as I wanted to make sure it is indeed what I needed. The helpful gent went to the back and re appeared a few minutes later with the item. It was indeed what I needed (pity they had only the one in stock, which the online page indicated) and I paid for it there and then, and got my TGMTB discount to boot.

So it seems you win some, and you loose some. 

Best to phone Evobikes before driving there for any items, as a LOT of the stuff on their website is "online only" ....  

Drove to BikeAddict to pick up something a few weeks back  (decent size round trip ....) .... was "not impressed" to discover that a LOT of their online stuff is NOT available instore .....

So this frustration is certainly not limited to CWC.

most of the local online stores work on this premise. They list stock from their distributors basically...and cary limited stock. some of them don't carry stock at all.

I must say though that I recently bought an item from Evo...which showed in stock on their online interface. But, apparently the local distro's weren't getting them again so Evo brought it in themselves from overseas for me. I only found this out after enquiring about the slight delay. they didn't have to but did it anyway. 

Archived