Scott contact

thebob

Thanks Joggie, between Kirk and Omnico, I am sure they will sort the issue out now. Also a bit far to get to CT from JHB for an exchange :thumbup:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, we are sorry for your experience. It was difficult staying online the last week as I was in Switzerland. I hope you can accept apology and that we can get to bottom of your issue. Just to give all of you a bit of info as to how procedure work. The Spark 940 was fitted with Fox fork and dealers and Fox South Africa is well aware of our suspension setup as we have spend time with them in getting this 100%. If a shop can not get to bottom of this the fork should be send to FOX SA BNY YOUR LOCAL DEALER as we are NOT allowed to work on FOX. I can assure you that if the problem is not sorted on their side they will get in contact with us to solve. Hope this helps a bit. 

Once again please get in contact with me so we can get you back on your bike or at least onto a demo bike until we get to bottom of this.

Thanks, Joggie

HI Joggie,

While I'm sure that we all understand that being out of country can cause issues with communication at times, surely either you or Gary (or both) could have had an out of office notice set up.

Who is the point of contact next time you're both unavailable?

Who is the point of contact next time you're both unavailable?

Your LBS or whoever you bought the bike or gear from.

This. There's a chain of command, so to speak. Distros generally don't speak to the public (Rush and Joggie are some of the exceptions to that, somewhat) and you should always go through your dealer as a first port of call.  

This. There's a chain of command, so to speak. Distros generally don't speak to the public (Rush and Joggie are some of the exceptions to that, somewhat) and you should always go through your dealer as a first port of call.

Except in this case he bought a bike online from Malmesbury while living in Bedfordview. He took it to a LBS near him and this is where the breakdown in communications happened.

Now it needs to be shipped backed down to Malmesbury for a warranty issue that in theory should be easy to fix from his lbs. That is just inefficient. Strip the fork, send it to Omnico, get it back and refit, lbs send the service bill to either Scott SA if it is a warranty fix, to Bike Addict if they found it to be damaged in transit.

And I'm sorry, for a freshly built bike to be damaged in a box means it was packed badly, or flying with any Scott bike would worry me.

Shock should be at Omnico now. Hopefully a quick fix. There are learnings in this episode for everyone involved. I’m just happy the wheels are turning and hope to have my bike back soon in working condition.

Except in this case he bought a bike online from Malmesbury while living in Bedfordview. He took it to a LBS near him and this is where the breakdown in communications happened.

Now it needs to be shipped backed down to Malmesbury for a warranty issue that in theory should be easy to fix from his lbs. That is just inefficient. Strip the fork, send it to Omnico, get it back and refit, lbs send the service bill to either Scott SA if it is a warranty fix, to Bike Addict if they found it to be damaged in transit.

And I'm sorry, for a freshly built bike to be damaged in a box means it was packed badly, or flying with any Scott bike would worry me.

yep. Agree with you in this case. 

That's not really good enough. The agent should always be available in some direct form, within reason (in business hours and week days).

And therein lies the risk in buying online. Surely Bike Addict should own this problem and deal with it wherever it happens if they are selling bikes all over the country.

Got the bike back. All is in order. Must thank Joggie for assisting my LBS after they were initially lead astray in terms of the process to sort this out. Online buying is reality for most of us now, we go where the best deal is. Manufacturers and component suppliers must realise this and make sure their warranty processes can handle this and that customers are not left in the lurch. They must also up their game significantly where it comes to customer communications. FaceBook, WhatsApp, email etc are all run of the mill now, and if you have a presence on these platforms you must be prepared to deal with customer communications as it happens. Just my 2c. Off to ride my bike this weekend now :clap:

Archived