Evals BMX - Utterly Terrible Service, Avoid Doing Business

Bike Mob

I've only had one experience with evalsbmx.co.za. Their service is terrible. 

I was asked by my client to buy some hubs for his kids BMX's, so instead of importing from Wiggle and CRC I decide to support local business and buy from the guys here that seem to support the BMX Scene. 

I need to check a few things so I send an email. it take two to three days for a response from Rico. I reply with a couple of questions, another few days go by...

I'm told there is no dealer support or discount I must check out online and thats the final price - I'm not planning on marking them up so I check out. Payment needs to clear before anything gets sent. Fair enough.

The hubs arrive and straight away I realise they're not going to fit in the BMX's they're destined for.

I send an email asking if we can exchange the hubs for ones that will work. NO reply whatsoever.

Since they can't supply a hub that will work, I ask for a refund: Their reply about 5 days later is simply put: We have a no refund policy.

I call. No answer. I call again every two days, straight to voicemail, sounds like its being diverted on purpose.

I email again, a few times, zero response.

Under the Electronic Communications and Transactions act I am entitled to a cooling off period, which I immediately made Evals aware of. No answer.

My warning is simple, they actually do not care about future business or supporting local business in SA and I strongly suggest you spend you money elsewhere. 

Try these guys: https://www.bmxdirect.net/.

Used to be the best in the business when I used to ride BMX.

In retrospect I should have.

If anyone needs some rear hubs they'll be in the classifieds unless Rico has the spine to answer his phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Suspiciously on the same day the kids over at Evals created a fake junkmail account using my details and loaded up an advert for free zink sheets. In the hope that I would be inundated with calls. The ad was placed on the same day this thread started. 

I've traced the IP for the creation of the fake gmail account used.

Even more reason not to deal with identity thieving pricks.

Edited by Bike Mob

I blocked my number and the email address they used from that site for future ads.

They still haven't called so clearly don't care about business in this country.

Suspiciously on the same day the kids over at Evals created a fake junkmail account using my details and loaded up an advert for free link sheets. In the hope that I would be inundated with calls. The ad was placed on the same day this thread started. 

I've traced the IP for the creation of the fake gmail account used.

Even more reason not to deal with identity thieving pricks.

maturity level

http://evalsbmx.co.za/checkout/

Had a look at their online store.

It's very basic, and you don't need to register.

You order something and then you do a bank transfer.

they wait for it before shipping.

if one really wants to be childish, an automated bot could clog their system up pronto.

they say you shouldnt trust men with beards.... but men with beards who ride a bmx bike......just goes without saying :whistling: 

• 5 months later...

I had a similar experience with this douchebag Rico from Evals BMX!

I ordered 4 packs of spokes from him and he only sent 3. He tried to make it out like it was my fault and that I somehow confused him.

By the end of it he said I can forget about the order and that was that. Never heard form him again and never got the 4th pack of spokes.

Just lovely customer service!!!!

Edited by racemymotor

• 7 months later...

Eish

I am very surprised that the hubs dont fit, all modern day bmx bikes (unless you are talking about mass market stuff) have the same spacing requirements