CSA Communications

Rolling Stone

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever tried to claim from them.?I crashed at a race. The other guy was was very seriously injured and I told the paramedics to focus on him. I got in the sweeper vehicle and went home. The next day my foot was swollen and I went for x rays. One bone was cracked in my foot.I also had a broken tooth. I called them about the insurance they use as a selling point for membership. (I was a licensed rider at the time) only to be told that I can only claim if I was brought to the hospital in a ambulance from the race.

Was that the end of it and you had to treat your injury entirely self funded?

I'm asking because I recently finished a saturday morning race, my arm felt off (not sore) a little bit, but I drove home just before mid day. That evening, I couldn't even lift a cup of coffee and usability only started returning from the following friday, 2 weeks later and its still sensitive. So this injury only progressed and became evident much later and it sounds like they would totally deny liability? Can anyone with better understanding kindly confirm or provide input please?

No. Read again. You have not made your role or motivations clear in posting this. 

The average cyclist does not even know of CSA or what CSA does for the average cyclist. The 'forbidden race rule' does not even apply to the average cyclist.

The sanctioning process is itself not properly communicated. That is why many people don't know where to look.

It's not sentiment or not wanting to support, it's a lack of trust and credibility. Don't twist the conversation.

And it's more than "some"

Don't shoot the messenger. I am just  doing my bit to get the CSA message to the average cyclist so that they can be informed and form their own opinions. They may not voice their opinions here though. I am sure there are a  Hubbers that will make sure that nobody is misinformed. 

There was not much else going, no better way to stir things up.

Just mention CSA :devil: :clap: :devil: :clap:

Oh please, let’s not pretend that CSA are the victims here.

They have screwed up on multiple fronts, and have never taken accountability for it.

So yes, mentioning an organisation that it’s screwing up cycling on a cycling forum is going to get a negative reaction, but it’s a justified reaction.

I'm asking because I recently finished a saturday morning race, my arm felt off (not sore) a little bit, but I drove home just before mid day. That evening, I couldn't even lift a cup of coffee and usability only started returning from the following friday, 2 weeks later and its still sensitive. So this injury only progressed and became evident much later and it sounds like they would totally deny liability? Can anyone with better understanding kindly confirm or provide input please?

I very much doubt that you will have a claim. But that is just me assuming things again.

Maybe you can let us know once you know. The answer is most probably somewhere on the CSA web site.

https://www.cyclingsa.com/membership/

You’d have to have been living under a rock to have missed the dissatisfaction of a large part of the cycling community with CSA.

Every CSA sanctioned race I know of makes it clear they are sanctioned. Really not difficult to work out.

What’s your connection with CSA R. Stone?

I am battling to find my favourite part of the news letter... 

This quote:

Declaration of Interest – Tokyo 2020

"Please note that the above are all voluntary, unpaid positions."

- I wouldn't expect a ticket there either...

Or Alan Hatherly with his spur sponsored national kit.

post-51814-0-82105000-1537532133_thumb.jpg

CSA proudly not getting our top world class cyclists to the world championships. :thumbup:

I am battling to find my favourite part of the news letter... 

This quote:

Declaration of Interest – Tokyo 2020

"Please note that the above are all voluntary, unpaid positions."

- I wouldn't expect a ticket there either...

Or Alan Hatherly with his spur sponsored national kit.

attachicon.gifAlan.jpg

CSA proudly not getting our top world class cyclists to the world championships. :thumbup:

Without getting into to much info and in no way am I defending CSA after the CWG "thing" I had with them but there is a system in place for Tokyo. the position they talking about there is for management. Not athlete. You cant expect SA's best and only chance of a medal at Olympics cycling wise to pay his own way. CSA know this. 

Why is it clearly Friday?

Cause tomorrow is Saturday and I have been living for it all week. Don't tell me I am a day ahead of things.

For most sports that have medical cover, you need to be assessed by the medics at the event before they will cover you. If you are in an incident it needs to be reported to the medics at the event. It makes sense as the injury could've happened the following day or whilst riding home from the event etc.

Without getting into to much info and in no way am I defending CSA after the CWG "thing" I had with them but there is a system in place for Tokyo. the position they talking about there is for management. Not athlete. You cant expect SA's best and only chance of a medal at Olympics cycling wise to pay his  her own way. CSA know this. 

fixed it for you

Think about this, your region (NOT CSA) gets a very large part of the income from sanctioning and races:

Part of the sanctioning fee (not sure what part)

Half of all riders’ levies CSA R5 -Region R5

Most of Day licenses CSA R10 -Region R20 -Race organiser R5 (If they are collected of course)

Most regions charge a club affiliation fee, CSA get none of this.

Regions that are properly run can apply for Lotto funding and all types of other governmental support.

Why is it that the regions cannot assist the riders that got chosen to go to worlds?

As cyclists we must get involved with our clubs and regions. 

Without getting into to much info and in no way am I defending CSA after the CWG "thing" I had with them but there is a system in place for Tokyo. the position they talking about there is for management. Not athlete. You cant expect SA's best and only chance of a medal at Olympics cycling wise to pay his own way. CSA know this. 

True, management and mechanics. I just hope there is money in the bank when they go. I think however the Olympics come out of the government budget for dept of sport. But it was just funny to read...

Archived