the ALL RIDE youtube show

Shebeen

Haha. Oh. I like Ben Deakin's stuff too. OIOI.

Add these guys to your lists:

Francis Cade - British Roadie (in Cape Town/Knysna area ATM riding with HotChillee and the Rainmaker Rollercoaster (gravel tour).....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHyBWpfAggsFPDc5A7l_eWA

Luis Gestner - German pinner with sublime editing...https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvJ8y57rXJB79SZiEprDtYQ

Radde faehrt Radd - German ripper with great style...https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1dO3Uvx5jBOdjbBlqek7gA

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really good.

local 

lekker

Been going a year now, did a search on le hub and has not been mentioned once.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcrmA4Gbb3e9cg9YXchP0HQ

Not exactly sure how the business model works, as the videos only seem to get 400-1000 views.

Why is this not more popular? does anyone here actually watch this sort of thing?

Hi Evans_Cuddles, 

Thanks for sharing our show! The more people we can get to share the stoke the better!

To give you a little background to ALL RIDE, i'll take you back to why we started it in the first place. Myself (Doug) and Craig are passionate riders who enjoy all aspects of what the cycling lifestyle offers but felt that the existing SA shows (SuperCycling & Cadence) really didn't offer content that got us excited nor did they painted an accurate picture of what cycling in SA is. For us, its so much more than pushing big watts and trying to go fast.  

That, coupled with the fact that there are so many rad riding opportunities be it events, trail parks or trail networks, we figured that we would create a show that we would enjoy to watch. The aim is to showcase the sport in a positive way, position the show in a way that people can relate to, showcase rad trails, gear, locations and help out with a few tips from a skills point of view. In summary, we are here to do our bit in growing the sport so that trails can continue to be built, bikes bought and events entered. 

Do we make money from this? Not yet. We have a much larger plan for WILD AIR TV, but our core business (for now) is what we offer as WILD AIR - www.wildair.co.za. 

Can you help, well, you already have. The more eyeballs, shares, likes and subscriptions we generate the better, so please continue to spread the word about our show and who knows where it will go. 

Adios,

The ALL RIDE Team

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your interest and feedback on ALL RIDE. 

To give you a little background to ALL RIDE, i'll take you back to why we started it in the first place. Myself (Doug) and Craig are passionate riders who enjoy all aspects of what the cycling lifestyle offers but felt that the existing SA shows (SuperCycling & Cadence) really didn't offer content that got us excited nor did they paint an accurate picture of what cycling in SA is. For us, its so much more than pushing big watts and trying to go fast.  

That, coupled with the fact that there are so many rad riding opportunities be it events, trail parks or trail networks, we figured that we would create a show that we would enjoy to watch. The aim is to showcase the sport in a positive way, position the show in a relatable way, showcase rad trails, gear, locations and help out with a few tips from a skills point of view. In summary, we are here to do our bit in growing the sport so that trails can continue to be built, bikes bought and events entered. 

Do we make money from this? Not yet. We have a much larger plan for WILD AIR TV, but our core business (for now) is what we offer as WILD AIR - www.wildair.co.za. 

Can you help, well, you already have. The more eyeballs, shares, likes and subscriptions we generate the better, so please continue to spread the word about our show and who knows where it will go. 

At the end of the day, we want to create a show that people want to watch so with that in mind, if you have any suggestions or ideas on what you would like to see included/introduced to the show, then please let us know and we will do our best to make it happen. 

Adios,

The ALL RIDE Team

Hey Guys,

To give you a little background to ALL RIDE, i'll take you back to why we started it in the first place. Myself (Doug) and Craig are passionate riders who enjoy all aspects of what the cycling lifestyle offers but felt that the existing SA shows (SuperCycling & Cadence) really didn't offer content that got us excited nor did they paint an accurate picture of what cycling in SA is. For us, its so much more than pushing big watts and trying to go fast.  

That, coupled with the fact that there are so many rad riding opportunities be it events, trail parks or trail networks, we figured that we would create a show that we would enjoy to watch. The aim is to showcase the sport in a positive way, position the show in a way that people can relate to, showcase rad trails, gear, locations and help out with a few tips from a skills point of view. In summary, we are here to do our bit in growing the sport so that trails can continue to be built, bikes bought and events entered. 

At the end of the day, we want to create a show that people want to watch so with that in mind, if you have any suggestions or ideas on what you would like to see included/introduced to the show, then please let us know and we will do our best to make it happen. 

Adios,

The ALL RIDE Team

RADness!

Keep up the excellent work.

Can we make this the wishlist?

Theo Erlangsen would be a cool guy to do a vid with.

For sure!

We've got some insane stuff planned with some straight up pinners. Mr Erlangson may or may not be one of the lads in the mix ;)

RADness!

Keep up the excellent work.

Can we make this the wishlist?

Theo Erlangsen would be a cool guy to do a vid with.

This is such a cool show, and a breath of fresh air.

AllRide is kief. With sublime shots and good riding and no verbal diarrhea found on so many (including local) POV channels. Throw in some mixed content like the race coverage and BMX segment and it starts cooking my stoke for the next day's ride every Thursday night.

Keep it up guys.

Hi Evans_Cuddles, 

Thanks for sharing our show! The more people we can get to share the stoke the better!

To give you a little background to ALL RIDE, i'll take you back to why we started it in the first place. Myself (Doug) and Craig are passionate riders who enjoy all aspects of what the cycling lifestyle offers but felt that the existing SA shows (SuperCycling & Cadence) really didn't offer content that got us excited nor did they painted an accurate picture of what cycling in SA is. For us, its so much more than pushing big watts and trying to go fast.  

Adios,

The ALL RIDE Team

Great edits guys, keep them coming! I literally go ride every time after I watch your latest offering!

What I really love about ALLRIDE as opposed to the "other shows" i.e. Cadence et al, is that you guys focus on cycling from a relatable perspective, as an average joe weekend warrior non-pro multi-day-stage-race-addict point of view. 

I am just so over having to hear what pro did what on which stage race. These shows, such as Cadence, cater to a very narrow niche band of riders who love to throw obscene amounts of money at the latest fad race, fad kit, newest bike, etc., and in the process keep Cycle Lab in business. Cool for them, but I find that a yawn fest. 

ALLRIDE makes things fresh, and as capediver has said, you guys make me want to ride after watching the show. Keep it up.

One bit of constructive criticism...when speaking to the camera, try not to turn away while talking, as what is being said by the narrator gets lost at that moment. I don't mean it as a nagging nancy, it's just my OCD having a say.

That said, I'm not sure how DC Rainmaker actually makes it. His personality ain't that great, but I watch anyway... perhaps it's the production and the tech toys?

He doesn't make much from Youtube, the majority of his following are the super geekish type that prefer a long and detailed review.  Only a fraction will end up watching the videos that he links to in his reviews.

He's quite transparent about it and has broken down the website traffic and revenue model a couple of times.  Most of his revenue comes from associate links in his articles - as in if you read his Garmin 1030 review and then click on the Amazon link to purchase it (or anything else for that matter, as long as you used HIS link to get to Amazon in the first place) he gets a small % of your purchase value.

This way he doesn't need to take anything from the tech companies and can remain objective.

What I really love about ALLRIDE as opposed to the "other shows" i.e. Cadence et al, is that you guys focus on cycling from a relatable perspective, as an average joe weekend warrior non-pro multi-day-stage-race-addict point of view. 

I am just so over having to hear what pro did what on which stage race. These shows, such as Cadence, cater to a very narrow niche band of riders who love to throw obscene amounts of money at the latest fad race, fad kit, newest bike, etc., and in the process keep Cycle Lab in business. Cool for them, but I find that a yawn fest. 

ALLRIDE makes things fresh, and as capediver has said, you guys make me want to ride after watching the show. Keep it up.

One bit of constructive criticism...when speaking to the camera, try not to turn away while talking, as what is being said by the narrator gets lost at that moment. I don't mean it as a nagging nancy, it's just my OCD having a say.

Hey Robbie,

Thanks for the awesome feedback! Hahaha, yes, moving my head away from camera while presenting is a bad habit and one i'm working on. We always love feedback as at the end of the day, we want to produce a show that stokes you out. 

Keep it pinned!

Doug 

Yeeew, 

Thanks CapeDiver!  :thumbup:

Great edits guys, keep them coming! I literally go ride every time after I watch your latest offering!

Hey Guys,

That, coupled with the fact that there are so many rad riding opportunities be it events, trail parks or trail networks, we figured that we would create a show that we would enjoy to watch. The aim is to showcase the sport in a positive way, position the show in a relatable way, showcase rad trails, gear, locations and help out with a few tips from a skills point of view. In summary, we are here to do our bit in growing the sport so that trails can continue to be built, bikes bought and events entered. 

Adios,

The ALL RIDE Team

Love the show guys - keep them coming!!

Just watched the G Spot new bike day vid - very cool! Keep it coming guys - I am subscribed.

As some have mentioned - the format is really cool. Nice to see you guys taking some quality footage (I want to puke when I see a 10min POV edit, with some selfie camera angles of a dude spewing a bunch of rubbish to his "fans"), and adding some good music and post production stuff. I think the whole POV naration is overplayed anyway.

IMO - first quality YouTube show to come out of SA that shows some of the full spectrum of riding. I'm guessing most guys in SA do a mixture of marathon and enduro, not just one or the other - like you mentioned, not all about going fast and pushing big watts (though there is a place for that too).

Anyway, keep it up!

EDIT: some lekker riding too, style for miles!

Great show guys!

I have been watching from the start and most weekends we ended up riding where you guys shredded.

We try to ride a different trail every weekend and just when we thought we've been on all we find another 1.

Anyway keep the rad vids coming and best of luck.

Thanks for the rad feedback! We really appreciate it!

Great show guys!
I have been watching from the start and most weekends we ended up riding where you guys shredded.
We try to ride a different trail every weekend and just when we thought we've been on all we find another 1.
Anyway keep the rad vids coming and best of luck.

Just watched the G Spot new bike day vid - very cool! Keep it coming guys - I am subscribed.

As some have mentioned - the format is really cool. Nice to see you guys taking some quality footage (I want to puke when I see a 10min POV edit, with some selfie camera angles of a dude spewing a bunch of rubbish to his "fans"), and adding some good music and post production stuff. I think the whole POV naration is overplayed anyway.

IMO - first quality YouTube show to come out of SA that shows some of the full spectrum of riding. I'm guessing most guys in SA do a mixture of marathon and enduro, not just one or the other - like you mentioned, not all about going fast and pushing big watts (though there is a place for that too).

Anyway, keep it up!

EDIT: some lekker riding too, style for miles!

Wow, that really cool feedback! Thank you! If you have any thoughts on topic you would like us to cover then please let us know. 

Archived