Male rider wear

DemiCat

Where could you get cycling underpants, like shorts , with a chamois, that you could wear with any short pants, I have seen them online but nothing local . Any ideas folks ?

Where could you get cycling underpants, like shorts , with a chamois, that you could wear with any short pants, I have seen them online but nothing local . Any ideas folks ?

Any bib will do! Could also get a great deal on some colours that don't sell well and get a lot more chamois for your buck.

If you want a liner specifically, go past complete cyclist or any specilized dealer. They have bibs that are meant for this and tons of storage pockets. They are too mesh-like to be worn without baggies over. 

Then there is ways the option of a Brookes saddle. Probably about the same price as two good bibs and twice as comfy if the stories are to be believed.

A lot of us had the same outlook when we started, until we experienced out first Camel rash from the incorrect short pant, or even underpant. Buy some Bennetts bum cream for him and leave it where he might find it one day, without having to discuss it... He might thank you later, or not.

Bennetts for the win! That stuff works and absolute charm.

He just doesn’t see the point in all the fancy gear

Let him sit in the saddle for a few hours and ride, he will find out real quick why the fancy gear has a point :P

Yes I’ve seen this aswell. Or even those that look like hot pants.

Then there is ways the option of a Brookes saddle. Probably about the same price as two good bibs and twice as comfy if the stories are to be believed.

A decent saddle might not be a bad idea !

A good saddle is crucial, but at the end of the day, your old man will need a decent pair of cycling shorts or a bib short. Whether they are built into baggies or not, one needs the tight chamy to protect your bottom. 

I too hate tight clothing and previously cycled in rugby shorts. But once you try a decent pair of bid shorts, you won't go back.

Thanks Or I’ll just give it to my mom,or ask her to talk to him about the shorts.

He is retiring at 63 and really really fit. I want to keep it that way. He just doesn’t see the point in all the fancy gear

The padding in the pants (beit in lycra or baggy format) saves your behind on longer rides .... It is NOT a fashion statement, it is purely practical !!

Shirt .... well the pockets of a cycling shirt soon become VERY usefull .....

socks .. hey whatever rocks your boat ....

Helmet - get something that VENTS !!  please dont buy a hypermarket special that will cook his noggin ....  SCOTT has some very affordable, yet decent helmets.

bikefit .... mention it to him .... but if he gets into longer distances and starts complaining of odd pains and aches buy him a session with a professional bike fitter !!!!!  They look at:

- saddle height ...

- saddle position (set-back so your knees are optimally allinged for proper power strokes

- once the top two are sorted they set about figuring out the optimal handlebar position (reach and height) ....

- at some point they will also measure his "butt width" .... there IS actually a good reason why you can buy saddles of different widths .... it SHOULD allign with the width of your butt ....(well with the bone-structure that is supposed to carry your weight) ....

I did this two months ago, and have since bettered all my previous personal bests !!!  Being able to get the power down more efficiently makes the world of difference !!

best wishes in passing on this information ...  :whistling:   :devil:

The padding in the pants (beit in lycra or baggy format) saves your behind on longer rides .... It is NOT a fashion statement, it is purely practical !!

Shirt .... well the pockets of a cycling shirt soon become VERY usefull .....

socks .. hey whatever rocks your boat ....

Helmet - get something that VENTS !! please dont buy a hypermarket special that will cook his noggin .... SCOTT has some very affordable, yet decent helmets.

bikefit .... mention it to him .... but if he gets into longer distances and starts complaining of odd pains and aches buy him a session with a professional bike fitter !!!!! They look at:

- saddle height ...

- saddle position (set-back so your knees are optimally allinged for proper power strokes

- once the top two are sorted they set about figuring out the optimal handlebar position (reach and height) ....

I did this two months ago, and have since bettered all my previous personal bests !!! Being able to get the power down more efficiently makes the world of difference !!

best wishes in passing on this information ... :whistling: :devil:

Thank you so much for all the details !

He actually just wants to ride short distances with me during week days,but you never know,he might get hooked and want to start doing longer distances.

I saved this reply in my inbox.

Archived