Proper Bike Fit- Bedfordview or Boksburg

The Ouzo

A year or 2 back I had my LBS for a basic bike fit. It helped somewhat but I feel that a proper bike fit is in order as I'm getting pain in my shoulders and neck after around 60 minutes on the bike.

My LBS has since closed down, so I'm looking for some place to get it done. I work in Bedofrdview and stay in Boksburg, so obviously those are the first choices, but I'll travel a short bit if need be.

Also what sort of cost am I looking at (provided no hardware needs to be changed)

Go to Dunkeld and speak to Richard Baxter - No RAGRETS 

A year or 2 back I had my LBS for a basic bike fit. It helped somewhat but I feel that a proper bike fit is in order as I'm getting pain in my shoulders and neck after around 60 minutes on the bike.

My LBS has since closed down, so I'm looking for some place to get it done. I work in Bedofrdview and stay in Boksburg, so obviously those are the first choices, but I'll travel a short bit if need be.

Also what sort of cost am I looking at (provided no hardware needs to be changed)

Ouzo there is a guy, forget his name, who does set ups at Ridgeway Cycles, which is close enough your work isn't it? His name was mentioned on Le Hub about a similar topic a few weeks ago.

Ouzo there is a guy, forget his name, who does set ups at Ridgeway Cycles, which is close enough your work isn't it? His name was mentioned on Le Hub about a similar topic a few weeks ago.

speak to Ian at ridgeway cycles 

Thanks Guys,

i've sent Richard an email.

Richard also does fits at Finishline in Kempton on Mondays. He is good.

• 8 months later...

So I finally got around to having Richard do a bike fit for me.

We did what we could, but I need to get a shorter stem.

However just adjusting the saddle has made a HUGE difference in my pedal stroke. Forget what his data says, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, I went for a ride after the fit session yesterday and the changes made a big difference. All of a sudden I'm able to put the power down and felt a lot more comfortable on the bike.

I'll need to order a shorter stem to tie everything together, but it was definitely worth it.

He'd still like to raise my saddle some more, but its already gone higher by around 25mm, so he wants me to get used to that and then we can start tweaking further.

Edited by ouzo