Reckless Riders

Malmens

Exposure to a multitude of similar topics quantified by posts on the hub => valuable experience

[insertnoddingheademoticon]

With a multitude of similar answers by the same experts. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rode through Camps Bay the other day behind a red Tazz who dawdled and meandered as he shouted into his phone. He was oblivious to his surroundings - this after a really close overtake down Chappies by a bakkie with a company logo. Through seapoint where two cops in a van, the passenger looking like he'd eaten a marshmallow for every unsolved docket back at the station while the driver was texting - this while the cars (those that hadn't gone through the red robot at the swimming pool) stopped over the pedestrian lane and another cyclist skipped the light altogether.

Back to my LBS where the coffee guy has a cut on his eye, the wound inflicted by the car hijacking he'd been through on the weekend and someone showed me a facebook video of a local LBS being looted during the "festive" light switch on - I was at the LBS because there was load shedding at home and I needed to work....

But I did get a warrant of arrest issued for my unpaid speeding fine picked up for doing 72 along Liesbeek parkway one Sunday morning ....

F@kit .... 

It's not cyclists, or motorists, or pedestrians or taxis or housewives --- it's all of us. 

i have never understood why having the logic and brains to form an opinion is linked to a large post count.

Imho post counts is more about having the time to visit the hub and type something.

Why do guys think just because you post lots that means you know what you talking about.

i would have thought that had to do with time in the saddle and not time on a website.

Riding hours is what gives experience of cycling.

just my 2 cents.

Sorry but I just can't take your rant seriously when you only have 122 posts. 

By the same token, please don't be offended by my retort because it is also of negligible value. 

Natural selection?

Same goes for the motorcyclists doing 300kmh on highways

Same goes for the idiots not maintaining their cars

Same goes for the people smoking and drinking excessively.

Remove all warning labels and let the world sort itself out the good ol fashioned way maybe?

^This!!

Natural selection?

Same goes for the motorcyclists doing 300kmh on highways

Same goes for the idiots not maintaining their cars

Same goes for the people smoking and drinking excessively.

Remove all warning labels and let the world sort itself out the good ol fashioned way maybe?

Removing this label would definitely help stop some low-level reproduction. 

post-43518-0-78246900-1543928412_thumb.jpg

The secret is to achieve both :P

i have never understood why having the logic and brains to form an opinion is linked to a large post count.

Imho post counts is more about having the time to visit the hub and type something.

Why do guys think just because you post lots that means you know what you talking about.

i would have thought that had to do with time in the saddle and not time on a website.

Riding hours is what gives experience of cycling.

just my 2 cents.

With a multitude of similar answers by the same experts.

So agreeing with sentiments like this will eventually make me a hubland expert

Howcome so many users rather post nonsense spamming instead of discussing the topic presented? It it is a repeat topic with little content, that doesn't give anyone a go-ahead to derail the thread.
Back to the post, I agree there are reckless riders causing other road users to dislike all cyclists and take it out on innocents. This morning I was caught behind a whole lot of red lights and I was burning to just clip in and go instead of waiting for nothing, but it wouldn't be fair on cyclist that gets taken out by a frustrated car driver because my unlawful actions upset them. To be frank, this post is superfluous and was discussed for weeks probably only a month ago or less.

Howcome so many users rather post nonsense spamming instead of discussing the topic presented? It it is a repeat topic with little content, that doesn't give anyone a go-ahead to derail the thread.

Back to the post, I agree there are reckless riders causing other road users to dislike all cyclists and take it out on innocents. This morning I was caught behind a whole lot of red lights and I was burning to just clip in and go instead of waiting for nothing, but it wouldn't be fair on cyclist that gets taken out by a frustrated car driver because my unlawful actions upset them. To be frank, this post is superfluous and was discussed for weeks probably only a month ago or less.

You should'nt be concerned about what others think hence you shouldn't be acting for other cyclists but rather because holding the moral high ground earns kudos on the Bikehub.

there you go , slap on the back old boy, good show good SHOW!

You should'nt be concerned about what others think hence you shouldn't be acting for other cyclists but rather because holding the moral high ground earns kudos on the Bikehub.

there you go , slap on the back old boy, good show good SHOW!

I don't understand :ph34r:

I don't understand :ph34r:

Me neither ,what day is it? Where am i? Damn do I have enough posts to post this non sarcastic comment ????

It is only OK to stop at a red traffic light if you practice your track stand. Foot down shows you are tired and overstretched.  Go  home.

Only reason why i posted in the first place was yesterday i saw a guy on a roadbike cruise through a red light, then have the stupidity to try cut off a car- luckily he missed the car or lucky for him the car missed him, it was absolutely shocking, i thought of perhaps opening the topic to perhaps see if clubs (or others by way of reporting them somehow to perhaps CSA to prevent them from riding official rides by revoking licenses) for us as riders to combat poor rider behaviour, didnt expect all the wise ass remarks. Most of us are motorists in our "spare time", dunno how you feel as a cyclist sitting in your car at a red light watching some jackass on a pimped out steed hammer straight past beacuse the rules dont matter to him/her as it looks "safe".

Only reason why i posted in the first place was yesterday i saw a guy on a roadbike cruise through a red light, then have the stupidity to try cut off a car- luckily he missed the car or lucky for him the car missed him, it was absolutely shocking, i thought of perhaps opening the topic to perhaps see if clubs (or others by way of reporting them somehow to perhaps CSA to prevent them from riding official rides by revoking licenses) for us as riders to combat poor rider behaviour, didnt expect all the wise ass remarks. Most of us are motorists in our "spare time", dunno how you feel as a cyclist sitting in your car at a red light watching some jackass on a pimped out steed hammer straight past beacuse the rules dont matter to him/her as it looks "safe".

:eek: Damn, that is a loooooong sentence! I personally don't care if I see a cyclists blast through red. It's their own k∆k if they come short. The world is too big and complicated for me to care about klein kakkies! 

Archived