Guerilla Gravity

Eddy Gordo

Since Feb .... no way I could wait that long, it would drive me crazy.

Jis dude. They had some issues making size 4 bikes. They were nice enough to give a pretty sweet discount to say sorry for the delay.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jis dude. They had some issues making size 4 bikes. They were nice enough to give a pretty sweet discount to say sorry for the delay.

Lekker like a cracker tchjina!

• 2 weeks later...

So almost one year in and I till can’t get over how long and short this bike is!!

What I can say is that this bike is nothing but fun and confidence inspiring. It climbs really really well. I have so far only used it in gravity mode. I should really give trail mode a try especially for climbing.

For a long travel bike, it climbs exceptionally well, just the rider needs to HTFU, but I can say on good days, I better my climbing times almost every time I am out and this is climbing in gravity mode which is the slack full travel mode. Trail mode will make the head angle steeper and shorten the travel a bit. I haven’t tried trail mode as I have gotten into a habit to not ride with a bag so far simply because I have a water bottle on the bike. It takes about a minute to change between trail and gravity mode.

I should make a plan though to make use of the NUTS and carry some stuff. One thing to note on the climbs is that when your dropper is extended, you sit very tall and upright on the bike. This is obviously due to the seat angle( effective 76.1º, actual 72.8º) and because of this the frame feels very short and the long top tube( effective top tube 648mm) is not noticeable at all! You also don’t have to sit on the edge of the seat to get a better climbing position, you are naturally there which is great especially in the comfort department. I have climbed with the shock locked out and found myself struggling sometimes, not sure if this is because there is almost no suspension movement from the rear. When the shock is in open mode and I am climbing, the bike is alot more comfortable. Climbing is a bit slower, but any roots and rocks, the bike just rolls over and the rear just soaks it all in. What I like about the open mode compared to previous bikes is when you hit an object it does not struggle to get out of the compression, you don’t feel bogged down, infact the compression is barely noticeable but there is loads of traction much better than when locked out. It is almost as if the suspension curve pushes you forward as you go over obstacles when climbing in open mode.

Like it says on the frame “I like going fast” nothing could be as accurate. I think its fair to say the faster you go, the better this bike performs, it just loves rough stuff and loves to jump. You can bomb thru anything and it holds its line without so much as twitch. Where I struggle with is in berms, corners are ok, but I tend to slow down in berms with the megatrail. This will be eliminated soonish as I think I have it figured out. The problem is that the bike is very long, so tight corners are harder to navigate, but the megatrail needs the rider to trust the bikes ability. Point and shoot thats all you have to do, shift your weight around and the bike will reward you with speed and grip. The megatrail holds it line extremely well, I am sure the DVO diamond, rs Super deluxe coil and WTB tyres play a part, but even on straight hi speed descends there is no drifting, its very stable. The coil has been nothing but Superb, providing great support and traction, I would love to try an air shock on this bike, but I am not too bothered either.

The megatrail is at home hitting up jumps, bombing rock gardens and roots and even drifting corners.

Trail Mode and Gravity Mode™

• Trail Mode: 150 mm travel, 13.4" BB, 66.2º HA
  • Gravity Mode™: 165 mm travel, 13" BB, 65.5º HA

Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail Alloy 2018 in RAW alluminium

Size Large

Build Overview (custom)

• Drivetrain: Sram GX crank170mm, NX 11 speed derailleur and shifter
  • Sunrace 11 – 46 cassette
  • Brakes: Sram Guide R 200mm rotors front and rear
  • Fork: DVO Diamond 170mm boost( going to change this to 160)
  • Rear Shock: Rockshox Super Deluxe RCT coil
  • Pedals Diety Bladerunners
  • Bars Deity Mohawk 787mm wide
  • Stem Octane One Chemical Pro Oil Slick 40mm
  • Grips ODI SDG in green
  • Dropper – Rapide 150mm
  • Seat SDG
  • Hubs Ecc Boost
  • Tyres WTB Convict 2.5 Front and WTB Trailboss 2.4 rear
  • Wheels: 27.5” Octane one Solar pro 29mm inner width

• 1 month later...

So almost one year in and I till can’t get over how long and short this bike is!!

What I can say is that this bike is nothing but fun and confidence inspiring. It climbs really really well. I have so far only used it in gravity mode. I should really give trail mode a try especially for climbing.

For a long travel bike, it climbs exceptionally well, just the rider needs to HTFU, but I can say on good days, I better my climbing times almost every time I am out and this is climbing in gravity mode which is the slack full travel mode. Trail mode will make the head angle steeper and shorten the travel a bit. I haven’t tried trail mode as I have gotten into a habit to not ride with a bag so far simply because I have a water bottle on the bike. It takes about a minute to change between trail and gravity mode.

I should make a plan though to make use of the NUTS and carry some stuff. One thing to note on the climbs is that when your dropper is extended, you sit very tall and upright on the bike. This is obviously due to the seat angle( effective 76.1º, actual 72.8º) and because of this the frame feels very short and the long top tube( effective top tube 648mm) is not noticeable at all! You also don’t have to sit on the edge of the seat to get a better climbing position, you are naturally there which is great especially in the comfort department. I have climbed with the shock locked out and found myself struggling sometimes, not sure if this is because there is almost no suspension movement from the rear. When the shock is in open mode and I am climbing, the bike is alot more comfortable. Climbing is a bit slower, but any roots and rocks, the bike just rolls over and the rear just soaks it all in. What I like about the open mode compared to previous bikes is when you hit an object it does not struggle to get out of the compression, you don’t feel bogged down, infact the compression is barely noticeable but there is loads of traction much better than when locked out. It is almost as if the suspension curve pushes you forward as you go over obstacles when climbing in open mode.

Like it says on the frame “I like going fast” nothing could be as accurate. I think its fair to say the faster you go, the better this bike performs, it just loves rough stuff and loves to jump. You can bomb thru anything and it holds its line without so much as twitch. Where I struggle with is in berms, corners are ok, but I tend to slow down in berms with the megatrail. This will be eliminated soonish as I think I have it figured out. The problem is that the bike is very long, so tight corners are harder to navigate, but the megatrail needs the rider to trust the bikes ability. Point and shoot thats all you have to do, shift your weight around and the bike will reward you with speed and grip. The megatrail holds it line extremely well, I am sure the DVO diamond, rs Super deluxe coil and WTB tyres play a part, but even on straight hi speed descends there is no drifting, its very stable. The coil has been nothing but Superb, providing great support and traction, I would love to try an air shock on this bike, but I am not too bothered either.

The megatrail is at home hitting up jumps, bombing rock gardens and roots and even drifting corners.

Trail Mode and Gravity Mode™

• Trail Mode: 150 mm travel, 13.4" BB, 66.2º HA
  • Gravity Mode™: 165 mm travel, 13" BB, 65.5º HA

Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail Alloy 2018 in RAW alluminium

Size Large

Build Overview (custom)

• Drivetrain: Sram GX crank170mm, NX 11 speed derailleur and shifter
  • Sunrace 11 – 46 cassette
  • Brakes: Sram Guide R 200mm rotors front and rear
  • Fork: DVO Diamond 170mm boost( going to change this to 160)
  • Rear Shock: Rockshox Super Deluxe RCT coil
  • Pedals Diety Bladerunners
  • Bars Deity Mohawk 787mm wide
  • Stem Octane One Chemical Pro Oil Slick 40mm
  • Grips ODI SDG in green
  • Dropper – Rapide 150mm
  • Seat SDG
  • Hubs Ecc Boost
  • Tyres WTB Convict 2.5 Front and WTB Trailboss 2.4 rear
  • Wheels: 27.5” Octane one Solar pro 29mm inner width
DSC_1543.JPG
DUDE that bike is super nice!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, those revved frames are marginally lighter than the aluminium version

I can understand that for some weight is an issue but it does not phase me much. A lot of positives from the review...

• 2 weeks later...

Pinkbike Field Test, Editor's Choice, Value MTB of the Year Winner, and...

aeb71cd5-88c0-4a69-b691-19912963731d.jpg

What a rollercoaster couple of weeks on Pinkbike! The Trail Pistol crushed the Field Test's Downcountry category and was named as Pinkbike Content Manager Sarah Moore's Editor's Choice in the category. Oh yeah, and we just won Pinkbike's Value MTB of the Year

"[The Trail Pistol] proved itself worthy on the climbs, and wowed us with a mixture of capable handling at speed and downright enjoyable manners everywhere else." - Pinkbike

And there's still one more surprise to come that we can't even talk about (or we'd have to kill you). 

See The Trail Pistol Field Test Review >>

Cant wait to see what the blastodon is about and if really is gonna be 26" wheels!

Ja man. I’m keen to see what it is. I see people are asking for a cross country bike. Doubt this one is that tho.