GARMIN 935: Automatic sync/upload after a ride

Titanium Rocket

Help please, from the Garmin tech wizards:

1.       When I finish a ride with my Garmin 520, after pushing 'Stop' and 'Save', the ride the automatically syncs/uploads into Garmin Connect on my iPhone (in my back pocket). The sync process is complete within ±20 seconds, a message appears at the top of the Garmin 520 screen saying, 'Ride Uploaded'.  

2.       But after pushing 'Stop' and 'Save' on my Garmin 935, it fails to automatically sync/upload into Garmin Connect. I have to manually open Garmin Connect on the iPhone, and only then will it sync and upload the ride file.

How do I enable the automatic sync/upload on the 935, without having to open Garmin Connect on the smartphone? Have a missed something in the setup? Any suggestions gratefully accepted, thanks.

Thanks Fanie.

• When I open: Garmin Devices > Edge 520 > Device Settings, there the box is: 'Auto upload' - tick
  • But: the Forerunner 935 has no such 'Auto upload' option

Cannot understand why the 935, which is a much newer device than the 520, doesn't have this capability? Anyway thanks, that answers my problem. 

I have similar issues with my Forerunner 735XT. Sometimes it auto-uploads, but most of the time I'll need to open GC and sync the watch to get the activities to upload. 

It should be syncing automatically. There are no specific options for my Forerunner 645, but it does so immediately once in range of the phone. 

According to my knowledge the GC app must be openend in the background. You can also setup wifi on the unit to upload. I have no problems with sync on my device

There definitely is auto upload on the 935. Check your mobile device to see if there is any default setting that might not allow the update; for whatever reason.

According to my knowledge the GC app must be openend in the background. You can also setup wifi on the unit to upload. I have no problems with sync on my device

This works well. 

Archived