Stans Arch Warranty Rebuild Costs

CraigCCW

As a side topic

Something must have changed with these rims... They have a reputation for being bombproof, this thread suggests otherwise though

I have a set for ages now, which has not been ridden carefully with no issues..

Light. Wide. Strong.

Pick two of the above.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That cost I would accept, my LBS want to charge me R720, R450 os that is labour. I would think that either the supplier being Two Wheel Trading, or Stans should cover the cost of the rebuild.

ja that's a bit wild my last wheel build was R400(not a warranty claim) R720 is a bit excessive I think.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As the official importer and distributor of Stan’s No Tubes products we have been in close contact with SNT USA about these issues.

There is now a Re-Imbursement Policy in place and our dealers are able to contact us for assistance in this regard. 

This Re-Imbursement Policy will apply to all new claims going forward.

Feel free to contact me ( jonathan@twowheelstrading.co.za or tel : 041 3721418 ) should you have any further queries or require further assistance.

As the majority of these rims/wheels were not supplied directly by TWT ( they were OE spec on some big brands ) we as the local representative have worked closely with SNT USA on how to resolve as many issues as possible and also in the fairest manner. 

Regards,

Two Wheels Trading

• 5 months later...

Had to buy my 2nd Crest rim and build done 28/02/2019 .Informed today rim is cracked ,when I wanted hub serviced. Have to buy a new hub as well .Looked at all the online stores but cannot find SLX  rear hub .Any suggestions that are not going to break the bank.Luckily Two Wheels trading have a re imbursement policy!!! 

Had to buy my 2nd Crest rim and build done 28/02/2019 .Informed today rim is cracked ,when I wanted hub serviced. Have to buy a new hub as well .Looked at all the online stores but cannot find SLX  rear hub .Any suggestions that are not going to break the bank.Luckily Two Wheels trading have a re imbursement policy!!!

contact Lyne for 1 of their hubs. Prices are good and it's decent quality without weighing a ton.

out of interest what is happening to your rims that you are getting them replaced under warranty?

I am on my 3rd Crest rear rim, 1 was definitely me blowing the tyre off the rim, but the last one I was just told there are cracks at the spoke holes which I couldn't even remember casing a jump or hitting something too hard etc.

out of interest what is happening to your rims that you are getting them replaced under warranty?

I am on my 3rd Crest rear rim, 1 was definitely me blowing the tyre off the rim, but the last one I was just told there are cracks at the spoke holes which I couldn't even remember casing a jump or hitting something too hard etc.

Also on my 3rd  rear rim .Since the last build end Feb.I have made sure of not even jumping off a pavement.I only ride on gravel and tar ,no single track or jumps.I am about 100kg which could be a problem or it can be a build problem as it had to be rebuilt  last week when I had it serviced and then there was no mention of a crack.Since then I did Around the Pot which was smooth gravel

found some cranks around nipples on my arch mk3 after less than a year of riding... after reading all these reviews its obvious these wheels are shite and im not keen to spend a cent more (build cost) on them.

will wait till they die completely and then buy some decent rims instead.

Apparently the replacement has to be done at the original builder.Will have to check that out

Archived