Stans Arch Warranty Rebuild Costs

CraigCCW

It's a sore point, I've had two frame warranty issues in the past, on the first I was handed a bill for the rebuild, second time round I made sure that the rebuild cost was part of "getting me back on my bicycle"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The warranty is usually limited to a replacement rim. No cash back.  Why should the wheel builder foot the bill for the re build?  If the problem is due to a wheel build issue then it is a different story.  Rims and hubs should be covered by the manufacturer, build by the builder - and FYI the warranty on bearings ends at my gate!

Usually if you replace the rim with the same one and use the same spokes the charge is normally less than for a complete rebuild but if you change the rim expect the full cost.

Personally I think local warranties are terrible, however, if those are the terms of the warranty you have no choice but to suck it up.

No manufacturer is obligated to offer a warranty, so unfortunately you have to accept what they offer.

If the product is less than 6months old, then it's a different story. The CPA dictates what warranty they must give.

I was going to ask how does the CPA come into play in this situation? If it fails within 6 months shouldn't you be entitled to a refund?

I have spoken to the LBS, who are going to speak to their supplier. I have also mailed Two Wheel Trading who are the supplier, let's see what they say.

You never know if you don't ask.

I was going to ask how does the CPA come into play in this situation? If it fails within 6 months shouldn't you be entitled to a refund?

The purchaser has the option for a refund, a replacement or a repair. The supplier must cover all costs resulting from the product's failure.

The supplier can also make allowances for reasonable wear and tear when refunding, replacing or repairing.

The purchaser has the option for a refund, a replacement or a repair. The supplier must cover all costs resulting from the product's failure.

The supplier can also make allowances for reasonable wear and tear when refunding, replacing or repairing.

Boom. Know your rights. 

I have spoken to the LBS, who are going to speak to their supplier. I have also mailed Two Wheel Trading who are the supplier, let's see what they say.

Two Wheel Trading contacted me and informed me that they have a reimbursement policy in place whereby they cover the rebuild, tape & sealant for a warranty replacement.

They will contact the LBS for me and sort this out with them.

Two Wheel Trading contacted me and informed me that they have a reimbursement policy in place whereby they cover the rebuild, tape & sealant for a warranty replacement.

Hahaha Id like to hear if anyone else was ever offered this??? 

Hahaha Id like to hear if anyone else was ever offered this???

This thread alone shows some people who weren't

This thread alone shows some people who weren't

Maybe they just didn't ask. I find this often, if you don't ask for a discount or some sort of rebate then you won't get one.

Very few businesses will offer one voluntarily.

email sent, thanks for confirming Craig.

when I did the rebuild LBS said I must pay, lets see what TWT says

i for 1 was told by twt to take to my supplier and have them sort it out. Build cost is between my and my supplier whom i bought from.

I ask TWT whats the process after i noticed my Arch rim cracking. They choose not to tell me about there "reimbursement policy".

As a side topic

Something must have changed with these rims... They have a reputation for being bombproof, this thread suggests otherwise though

I have a set for ages now, which has not been ridden carefully with no issues..

I've just cracked my 2nd stans crest rim and I'm not exactly a heavy weight. Will have to fork out for the rebuild again but think I'll ask the shop if they can rather put the rim in stock and use something decent this time.

I had 2 cracked Arch Mk3 rims, LBS charged for re-build both times. Is the reimbursement policy new or always been there? 

Proper service  :thumbup:

Archived