Should you use a quick link on mtn bike?

Slowbee

Hi All

Very soon my new bike will be delivered.

Are quick links good things to have on a mtn bike chain?

yes yes, i know, newbie and all to mtn biking and all the techie stuff

Absolutly put a quick link on, your mtb chain will probably break more than a road chain and you will have more occasion to remove the chain than on a road bike.

Have one in both 9 speed MTB and 10 speed road bike chains.  Makes life easy....

Have one in both 9 speed MTB and 10 speed road bike chains.  Makes life easy....

Hey pansie.

If you through that off, you could save some weight on the bike!!!  Hell knows....you could use some saving......

i had one that was old on my bike and broke it in the sa xc national at the beginning of the year in stellenbosche! and i was leadingCry

i came 2nd though

those stuff are good just dont ride with the same one for too long!
GT oke2008-06-17 05:44:23

If you through that off, you could save some weight on the bike!!!? Hell knows....you could use some saving......

Miskien moet hy die poedel uitspoeg voordat hy gramme begin spaar.....

Hey pansie.

If you through that off' date=' you could save some weight on the bike!!!  Hell knows....you could use some saving......

[/quote']

I know, I know (I are pansy and I are FAT!!)

Been using one on my MTB & road bike for two or three years without any problems. I do carry a spare with me though - just in case!

Been using one on my MTB & road bike for two or three years without any problems. I do carry a spare with me though - just in case!

do you carry a spare link??

do you carry a spare link??

yes so youwill have to carry a chain tool aswell.