[Event] Tshwane Diamond Classic

Hectic Promotions

Enjoyed this race from the middle of the field, despite a strange start....marshals at intersections managed the traffic ok...road surface was surprisingly good IMO....traffic in and out of parking was managed.  Enough sign posts where everything was and the distance was spot on, with water points(not used) every 20k's.

That little hump just before Cullinan sorted out the heart rate.

I think some of the riders doing the 50km on mountain bikes suffered a bit...

Will do iot again.

It was my first race. Started way at the back.

The route was nice and challenging, traffic between Cullinan and Rayton was a bit hectic though. I will definitely be back next year.

Can anyone see the results on racetec yet? I bought a new chip and nothing is up on my profile. I'm not sure how long the wait is usually.

Enjoyed the 110km race - varied and interesting route. Those steep hills near the start were no joke. Went past a dude from VB/VC(?) at the top of the steepest climb who had pulled over and was having a good vomit. Only thing I was surprised at was the number of riders just chucking their gel wrappers on the ground - this was in AL. Seemed like everyone was doing it. Will definitely enter next year.

It was my first race. Started way at the back.

The route was nice and challenging, traffic between Cullinan and Rayton was a bit hectic though. I will definitely be back next year.

Can anyone see the results on racetec yet? I bought a new chip and nothing is up on my profile. I'm not sure how long the wait is usually.

Results have been up since yesterday evening

Enjoyed the 110km race - varied and interesting route. Those steep hills near the start were no joke. Went past a dude from VB/VC(?) at the top of the steepest climb who had pulled over and was having a good vomit. Only thing I was surprised at was the number of riders just chucking their gel wrappers on the ground - this was in AL. Seemed like everyone was doing it. Will definitely enter next year.

that was a lightie riding in AL.

strong, went over the top right at the front. maybe pushed a bit to far into the red  :oops:

that was a lightie riding in AL.

strong, went over the top right at the front. maybe pushed a bit to far into the red  :oops:

Yes saw him, the guy in the white, but unfortunately we did not go hard enough after the hill because we were about twenty after the hill and when we turned left to Bronkies we were about 50 again and he was back.

A friend of Mine chain dropped on the top of the hill and he also came back to the bunch.

Nobody wanted to pace after that hill, including me.

\care to share a pic of the hi-viz vest?

Hi,

You can have a look on Facebook , he posted quite a lot under Tshwane Classic.

I think this is the most involved I saw a sponsor in the marketing of a race , especially on social media.

Tough route, first hour was really slow in AL - felt like we were climbing the whole time.

Cold winter air was challenging too.

Roads not too bad, but the punchy hill just before cullinan on the return was disheartening as 20 riders got away, and no matter how hard I pulled, I couldnt bridge again before the finish.

Still waiting to forget the suffering and let time cloud my experience before thinking of doing it again.

Yes saw him, the guy in the white, but unfortunately we did not go hard enough after the hill because we were about twenty after the hill and when we turned left to Bronkies we were about 50 again and he was back.

A friend of Mine chain dropped on the top of the hill and he also came back to the bunch.

Nobody wanted to pace after that hill, including me.

Yes, I was in that second group after the hill - we put in a moerse effort to get back to you guys. Luckily we made it or it would've been a long day from there...

Hi,

You can have a look on Facebook , he posted quite a lot under Tshwane Classic.

I think this is the most involved I saw a sponsor in the marketing of a race , especially on social media.

Thanks - I’m not on FB anymore

Only one gripe - signs to the toilets all pointed to one set of toilets with only 2 toilets men, 3 for ladies (2 of which I believe were not flushing).

I believe there were other toilets around, but there was no obvious signage to them. Buildings one could easily approach from the parking area were all locked.

Saw a couple patties in the field after there race were people must have relieved themselves in order to not miss their starts.

For me, the real heros of the day were the 5 or 6 guys that let me jump the queue for the toilets before the start to avoid having to use the field. Missing my start time was the least of my worries while I was waiting  :blink: